Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcharris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Airconditioner compressor
    Need advice on compressor. Compressor keeps running after cooling cycle. Installed new thermostat which seemed to help, but a few days later noticed the same problem. Want to know if there is anything we can do before calling a service tech. Thanks.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
    The outside unit continues to run, or just the compressor?
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:41 PM
    It could be a contactor sticking, does the indoor fan run too? Or just the outdoor unit?
    lcharris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
    The fan on the unit outside is running. I just assumed it was the compressor.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Do you own a voltage meter? If so, next time it does this, go outside, remove the electrical cover, locate the contactor ( set of contacts), on both sides of the contactor there is a small wire, put a lead on each side, do you have 24 volts?
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Can you give me the model number and brand of the unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10/2 wire for a 230volt/20 amp airconditioner? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Can I use a 10/2 house wire for a 230volt/20 amp air conditioner? And if so how do I connect the 10/2 wire to the two breakers in my electrical box?

Airconditioner units [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My airconditioner unit is not coming on the outside fan is not turning and the unit is not on in the attic. I was having a problem with the hot air inside the house not going anywhere called ac guy he came out and cleaned the coil in the unit outside it worked great for 2days now nothing is...

Water Leakage from Airconditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have multiple 8 ton A/c's in the office. From few of them, water pours down suddenly. Kindly let me know the reasons the leakage happens. We have tried the following. 1) Increased the size of the drain pipe 2) we get the filter cleaned periodically 3) we have checked the slope...

Compressor [ 1 Answers ]

If air compressor is froze or locked up will it always throw a breaker or a relay

Airconditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Wall unit plugged into split plug on dbl 15 breaker. After running 1-2 hrs. breaker trips. Wire warm to hot and plug receptacle warm. Is problem probably the air conditioner or perhaps plugin or breaker. Jim

View more questions Search