Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalepat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Airconditioner units
    Hi,
    My airconditioner unit is not coming on the outside fan is not turning and the unit is not on in the attic. I was having a problem with the hot air inside the house not going anywhere called ac guy he came out and cleaned the coil in the unit outside it worked great for 2days now nothing is coming on
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Sounds like you have lost power to the air handler in the attic, start there, check for tripped breakers, and post back.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Also check for blown low voltage fuses or bad transformer. If you turn the thermostat fan switch to on does anything happen?
    kalepat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Hey,
    Thanks for responding. Ac guy out again today said that the control board is fried in attic said storm 2 nights ago must have did it also the box that hangs on outside of house one of the 120 volts have burned out and melted something in the box has to replace that but did say that even after replacing control board there may be other problems wants to charge me 500 to replace those 2 things
    JULIOCE041473 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 08:29 AM

What tipe of oil as the R 22 and R 410
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Time for you to contact your insurance company. They may want you to get two estimates before the repairs are done. Storm related electrical damage is usually covered under your homeowner policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert units [ 15 Answers ]

Here is the question: Our sun is 93 million miles away... the speed of light travels at 186 thousand miles per second, how long does it take the speed of light to get from the sun to the earth? Show me the answer in minutes.

Water Leakage from Airconditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have multiple 8 ton A/c's in the office. From few of them, water pours down suddenly. Kindly let me know the reasons the leakage happens. We have tried the following. 1) Increased the size of the drain pipe 2) we get the filter cleaned periodically 3) we have checked the slope...

Converting units [ 3 Answers ]

Hello :) How to convert microliters into micrograms?? I know it shoul be easy, but tell me how :) Tnx

Matching A/C units [ 7 Answers ]

Do I have to match the outside unite with the inside unite? I have a Rudd sys. Right now the heat pump outside is gone out. Do I have to replace with the same brand or can I go with an other brand? I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx. Do I need to go back with Heat pump or can I just go back with a a/c...

Airconditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Wall unit plugged into split plug on dbl 15 breaker. After running 1-2 hrs. breaker trips. Wire warm to hot and plug receptacle warm. Is problem probably the air conditioner or perhaps plugin or breaker. Jim

View more questions Search