Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jhanna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Child sex abuse
    I was asked to attend voluntary at the local police station for questioning about an allergation of rape of a girl under the age of 13 and sexaul assult of this girl and her sister there is no avidence to prove all that is to hand is the girls word I answered all questiond denying all allergations the information is going to the cps but what if the cps decide that they think I have done this where do I stand
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2010, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhanna View Post
    what if the cps decide that they think I have done this where do I stand
    Hello J:

You have put your future into the hands of bureaucrats, and bureaucrats don't treat people too good. If it would have been ME, I would have had a lawyer with me when I was interrogated by the cops - I mean questioned by CPS.

excon
    Jhanna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 06:16 AM
    Thank you excon the CPS is the oginisation that the police send their reports to for them to work out if there is a case to bring to court I do not know much more about the ins and out but if someons word can be taking as proof what chance have I got
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2010, 06:20 AM
    if someons word can be taking as proof what chance have I got
    Hello J:

If they believe your accuser and NOT you, you're in BIG trouble. THAT is why I would have had a lawyer with me.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 08:21 AM
    ... if someons word can be taking as proof what chance have I got
    All court cases are decided on the basis of "someone's word", i.e.: witnesses.

As Excon says, don't tell them (either CPS or the police) anything without your attorney by your side. If you don't have an attorney don't talk to them. Period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child abuse [ 3 Answers ]

Is it right to abuse your child for your own problems?:confused:

Is this Child Abuse [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 9 yo daughter who spends 1/2 summer with her dad and his wife out of state. When returning this summer she expressed to me that she didn't want to go back. When I asked her why, she said that both my ex and his wife hurt her, by pulling her by her hair to an area where she needs to...

Is this child abuse? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single working mother. Where I work is also where I live. My child's father doesn't work and sits upstairs while I work downstairs with our child. My child was throwing a fit and was making it difficult for me to help our customers so I put him in his crib in the room right next to me so I...

Mel Levine- Sex abuse [ 1 Answers ]

Lawsuit targets former pediatrician at Children's - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe Everywhere I turn there is another sex abuse case breaking. As an educator, and advocate for children I find it so disheartening.

Child on child sexual abuse [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Today I found out that my 13 year old grand daughter touched another 13 year old boys penis. He is so tramatized by the ordeal and his mother is just sick. I'm am at a wits end as to how to handle the situation. Legally what should be done about this. The boys mom wants my grand...

View more questions Search