Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzann-22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 05:37 PM
    How to put wheels on yard machines 38 inch deck
    Have a yard machines ride on model number 13A5771F670 it has 38 inch cutting deck but no wheels for cutting deck. I purchased wheels and bolts but nowhere to attach them is there a bracket you can buy to put on deck, have been told cutting deck has piece welded on for wheels but not on this one
    Regards
    Suzann
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 14, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Hi,
    You have the correct model number and I check the IPL. The front page picture has a deck with no wheels, but the deck parts breakdown page shows the wheels. Not all 38" decks had them, all 36" ones came without.
    Best thing to do is callMTD Customer Service at 1(800)800-7310 and ask if they still make the kit to add the brackets to your deck. They have made them in the past, though will end up with an extra set of wheels and hardware since the kit comes complete. You would probably wanted to get your local welding shop put the brackets on.
    The owners manual and parts list(IPL) are avaailable at the MTD Manual Archive online at:
    PDF Manual Web Archive
    Just type in the model number you already have and use a 1 as the serial number.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    suzann-22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Hi thanks for info contacted mtd and was told 38 onch deck use to have welded on bit for wheels but for some unknown reason they started making 38 inch deck without bracket, once again thanks for the info
    Regards
    Suzann

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Yard King Mower 43700x89 Serial # s001028730037 4WS 43 inch mower deck e [ 0 Answers ]

looking for a hydraulic pump drive system for a 1957 John Deere 420 agriculture bucket & digger part # au14220u coupling flexible ( hub ?) x8159cu shaft, pump drive

Yard machines [ 13 Answers ]

What is the belt size for a 1999 Yardman with a 42" deck

I have a Yard King Mower 43700x89 Serial # s001028730037 4WS 43 inch mower deck e [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tardking 43" rieing mower 43700x89 s00102870037 AWS I understand it was a venture between Murray & MTD I am in dire need of a new mower deck shell. I have tried all the usual channels. Could you help me. I have the parts book mccl1998

Yard machines 2800m [ 1 Answers ]

When I start my gas trimmer it runs for about a minute then shuts itself off. What is the problem?

Yard Machines 2800m string trimmer [ 23 Answers ]

I have a brand new trimmer and when I get it started it will only run on half choke.When I put it on 3 which is the full run setting,it just dies out when I pull the gas lever.I have fresh gas and oil mix that is properly mixed.It will run fine on half choke but when I set it to full run it dies...

View more questions Search