Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maestrojlj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Yard machines 2800m
    When I start my gas trimmer it runs for about a minute then shuts itself off. What is the problem?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Aug 24, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Sounds like you may have a fuel restriction. Will it start right back up again, or do you have to leave it sit for a while ? Check inside your fuel tank, there should be afuel filter on the end of the fuel line. Check this and replace if needed.

Morrowrj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD Yard Machines tractor won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have an MTD Yard Machines 20 h.p. Lawn tractor with the Briggs & Stratton I/C engine. The engine model # is 461707 and the type is 0143 E1. My son was cutting grass yesterday and said that the jerk and hesitate a little and then started making a clicking sound so he turned the blades off and then...

MTD Yard Machines belt drive [ 6 Answers ]

How do you change the drive belt on a MTD Yard Machine lawn tractor? The old one was shredded so I do not have a reference.

MTD Yard Machines tractor will not start [ 3 Answers ]

My MTD Yard Machines tractor with a 21hp motor and a 46in deck will not start. It had been working fine up until recently. However, since our last rain it has not started. I cover it with a large tarp to make sure the tractor does not get wet as I do not have a shed or garage to store it in. ...

Yard Machines 2800m string trimmer [ 23 Answers ]

I have a brand new trimmer and when I get it started it will only run on half choke.When I put it on 3 which is the full run setting,it just dies out when I pull the gas lever.I have fresh gas and oil mix that is properly mixed.It will run fine on half choke but when I set it to full run it dies...

View more questions Search