Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d1v5d77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Trailer Foreclosed but on private property
    My mother had a trailer on my property. She went through a divorce and had to file for bankruptcy. The trailer has been foreclosed on and I was wondering what were my rights as property owner. Can I charge storage? Do they not at least owe me lot rent? Are they responsible for property damages when moving it? How can I make them move it faster? It's been in their's since October and they haven't even contacted me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Yes you are entitled to lot rent or storage fees from the new owners. Yes they would be responsible for damages when they move it.

Send them a bill. Give them 30 days to pay up or you will pursue legal action. Maybe you can get the trailer back for mom.
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Dec 12, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by d1v5d77
    My mother had a trailer on my property. She went thru a divorce and had to file for bankruptcy. The trailer has been foreclosed on and I was wondering what were my rights as property owner. Can I charge storage? Do they not at least owe me lot rent? Are they responsible for property damages when moving it? How can I make them move it faster? It's been in their's since October and they haven't even contacted me.
    Contact the bankruptsy court and make sure who owns it now. Ask the court if they have any further liens on it, or want anything done, per the court. Then contact whoever now owns it, and ask for payment for lot rental being sure to point out the court has cleared ownership and the new owners are responsible. Different areas give time for them to move it, AFTER you give them notice, before you can start charging rent. A reasonable time usually. The new owners may not have noticed they did NOT get the land with the home. So they may not know they owe you rent!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant in foreclosed property [ 3 Answers ]

The house I am renting is in foreclosure. I had a lease agreement with the former owner that is still current. What are my rights as a tenant?

Confusion about verbal lease in Florida. Foreclosed property [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm in a really rough position.. Our friend let us stay in his townhouse on a month to month basis.. we paid him with a check with the FOR RENT written on the check for about 4 months for now. We recently found out the house is in foreclosure! He hasn't made a payment since Feb, 2007. There...

Renter rights, renting foreclosed property. [ 8 Answers ]

I am renting a property that was recently started the foreclosed process. However, I am veryu concerned because I called the landlord and he acted as though nothing happened, and I want to know if I should not pay the next two months rent, so I can save and move out to cover my moving expenses and...

No insurance on private property. [ 1 Answers ]

I rented a moving truck, at time of rental I purchased insurance through the rental agency. I was involved in an accident at a gas station in Ohio. I was making a right turn out of the station and I had my right turn signal on. This guy pulls up on my right side, in my blind spot. I did not see...

A Virginia Tenant in a property being foreclosed [ 2 Answers ]

Our family lives in a residence in Virginia. We have a 3 year lease with a private owner/landlord. We found out via public advertisement that the property is going to public auction. We have paid all our rent on time (2 weeks early actually) and have kept the property immaculate. What are our...

View more questions Search