Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starchamberfall Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2011, 07:15 AM
    m/f etiquette
    I am a 45-year old hetero male. I live in a tiny village. I have to go to the store. In the store a pretty lady works, and she seems very, very attracted to me. She gets starry-eyed, or she can get defensive, but not able to be defensive, for no reason, in other words there is something she cannot fight. She cannot look at me without something happening to her. Then it is as though she is thinking, I know that you know that... but I don't know, and I hope to God she understands I am not on the make. I feel bad. It is as though we are about to make love. We're not. I am already in a committed relationship. When I try acting normal, she gets affected, no matter what, and if I am nice, it is as though an intimacy is developing. At times, I think of laying my cards on the table, but that would be a disrespect to her privacy of conscience. Attention females: what should a man do in a case like this?
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Apr 5, 2011, 09:13 AM

Are you able to have a conversation with her?

If that's not possible then possibly take your partner in with you one day. Obviously act nonchalant, standard greeting but pay attention.. perhaps a little more attention to your partner.

It's hard to gauge, she maybe on medication, she could be on a rebound, she could fancy you a lot but embarrassed by her own inability to be able to say anything or unsure of how to act.

Me, although confident in nature, if there's a nice looking man around, I tend to drop to klutz mode and say things that I just wish the ground would open up and swallow me afterwards. I'm exceptionally well versed at eating humble pie.. more especially in the face of cute men :)

However, we all react differently some a little more odd than what we're used too.

If all else fails, drop back to cordial greetings if she serves you, smile a nod and go about your business.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 09:26 AM

You ignore her antics, go about your business, and don't give this a second thought. Its her problem, let her deal with it.

Why open a can of worms over something you know nothing about, and don't even know the person.

She acts weird, so keep a healthy distance.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 10:08 AM

She comes across as strange;ignore her and minimum contact when you have to go to the shop.

Apr 5, 2011, 10:34 AM

Very helpful all around, thanks.

Apr 5, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Whitby is one of the nicest places I've seen in the world. Salute the waves for me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Etiquette ask [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. So over the holiday I found out through my niece that her mom and her dad got me something for christmas and I should stop over to their house and pick it up. Okay? For the past 6 months I no longer speak to them so why would they get me anything. Whatever. So I ignored her request and...

Engagement Etiquette [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting engaged soon. He has a three year old son from his previous marriage. I know that is proper to inform children of engagement soon after the proposal but what do we do with for a young child... and the ex wife?

STD Etiquette [ 4 Answers ]

Would you be offended if you were asked to get an STD test? I've never asked a girl to do one before but recently its an issue which has been on the front of my mind when I've been pursuing females. What's the best way to tackle this without being rude or causing bad feelings?

Flag etiquette [ 6 Answers ]

Here's the deal... about 20 years ago, my relative was helping in an American public school classroom of 2nd graders. There was a boy in the class from Mexico. It was still the tradition for the class to rise, put their hands on their hearts and recite the American pledge of Allegiance. The boy...

Jewelry Etiquette [ 7 Answers ]

Which hand do you wear a past present & future ring on? Does it take the place of my wedding set, worn with my wedding band or wore on my right hand 4th finger?

View more questions Search