Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisak01 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Pre Trial Mediation for credit card debt
    I had to return to SA as my Mom passed away in 2002 to sort out her estate.I was away for a while and tried to keep up all my payments, however I could not manage.My last payment on my Providian credit card was in July 2003.
    It's now 5 years later and I have a pre trial mediation dropped on my doorstep for April 9th. The debt has been sold twice and the account number I have never seen before it is totally different. I have until April 2009 until it's off my credit report. Can they still collect a debt if it is off your credit report? Please advise me what to say when I go for the mediation - do I deny it as the account number is different? Ask for original signed copy between myself and Providian? Bargain with them? Or is it better to file bankruptcy which I don't really want to do?
    Any help will be much appreciated.This is in the State of Florida.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Please read the two Stickys at the top of this page:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bankruptcy-debt/
    As it should help you get started.
    Lisak01 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 10:07 PM
    In need of legally drafted letter
    Hello Again

An update on my pre trial mediation for credit card debt.( State Of Florida)

Well they were so unprepared and sent in a representative from another law office who had nothing with him so our mediator set a follow up for 6 weeks later.At this meeting I took the advise ( and thank you very much to all for the great help) and asked for validity of the credit card debt as the card number was one I never had had.

And guess what - 6 weeks later when we meet again there is a different representative who has absolutely no paperwork follow up etc on my case.So a date is set for trial July 3rd.

Since then I have received letters from their attorney offering me to settle.I have not replied.

Today I receive in the mail from the attorneys for the debt collection company copies of 3 motions sent to the Orange County Court asking for : 1. A telephonic trial as they do not have an office here in Orlando, 2. For counsel to have telephonic trial. And 3. to set another date for the trial as they are not ready. I can object of which I have drafted a letter to the Judge and their lawyers office.

My question: can anyone help with a legally drafted letter to the Judge to look a little more professional?

Thank you once again for all the great advice.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Pre-trial conference/mediation debt summons [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a summons for a pre-trial conference/mediation from Asset Acceptance. I have researched the "intent to defend" and how to respond to a summons. My debt agency that helped with paperwork between me and the creditors is going to offer a 650 settlement. The originial debt was for about...

Credit Card Court Trial [ 2 Answers ]

I am in severe debt. About a year ago, I had to stop paying my credit card payments because I didn't want to stop paying my mortgage payments and I couldn't make both payments. I have been getting collection agency calls for a while now. They have also contacted most of my family members. One...

Credit card debt set for trial [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was served papers on an old credit card debt, he is on social security disability, he went to court for this and was given a trial date. What happens at this trial? We live in Illinois can any one tell me what to expect next, with it being set for trial. The credit card debt was not...

Credit card debt, trial set [ 4 Answers ]

I went to court today ,citi bank is suing me for 12,000. My credit limit was only 5000. I have not been abel to pay in 5 years. I live in ky but I had to go to tn for court. The attorney said that they could sue my husband even though he was not on the card and his social was not used only my name...

View more questions Search