Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myerskribbs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Husband Lies, Possibly looking for another.
    My husband and I have been together 7 1/2 years, married for five years, two kids. He is long distance truck driver for past four years. I have caught him in many lies over the years. It is destroying our marriage. We agreed to go to marriage counseling. The lies were bad enough, but now it appears to me that he is interested in cheating on me. I base this on several things: his ex-girlfriend called in November 2006, when I was sitting beside him. He lied about who she was. I took his cell phone and called her back. She didn't want to give me any info, just said ask him why they were talking and she said married people talk on the phone too, but she denied that they are having an affair. He says she must have gotten his phone # from mutual acquaintance at past employer. He recently lied about staying in a hotel in NYC. I found that on bank statement. Then he denied lying about it. Now I found on the cell phone bill, that he called singles phone chatline in March. He said it was just curiosity. Also, he looks at dating/marriage internet sites out of "curiosity" a couple of times a year. I have tried the heart to heart with him, told him how much honesty means, etc. He still won't admit a problem with lying, denies having an affair, denies that his "curiosity" is a problem.:( :confused: :eek:
    stefani1 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

May 2, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Look I'm sorry to say because I know its not what you nt to hear, but, unfortunately it looks like he has already cheated. I think that we as women see a lot of things that are right inour face but we choose the easy route. We choose to close our eyes to it because we won't have to deal with it. You just have to do a lot of thinking and make a decision if you want this person whom you cannot trust, for the rest of your life. Men never admit to lies and cheating because its admitting they did something wrong. I thinnk you have to take the matter into your own hands and take the buill by the horns and either demand respect and loyalty if you want to stay or grab your stuff and move on to someone that can respect and love you.
    Good luck with everything and just know that we all deserve someone to love and respect us.
    scorpio124 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2007, 01:10 AM
    From your post, I can feel a lot of empathy for you. My husband ( soon to be ex-husband) is also a habitual liar. It seems like you really care about your husband and marriage and only want him to be honest with you. Unfortunately, he will never come clean with you. Are you in a position to hire a private investigator? Ultimately, this is what I had to do to get the truth and file for a divorce based on adultry. Listen, I even caught my husband with the other woman and found blood stains in the inner front of his pants. Guess what? He still tried to lie his way out of it. I'm beginning to realize that his lying is more of a mental sickness than anything else. Good luck and if he is driving a truck long distance, you'd better protect yourself. You know what I mean?
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 9, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by myerskribbs
    My husband and I have been together 7 1/2 years, married for five years, two kids. He is long distance truck driver for past four years. I have caught him in many lies over the years. It is destroying our marriage. We agreed to go to marriage counseling. The lies were bad enough, but now it appears to me that he is interested in cheating on me. I base this on several things: his ex-girlfriend called in November 2006, when I was sitting beside him. He lied about who she was. I took his cell phone and called her back. She didn't want to give me any info, just said ask him why they were talking and she said married people talk on the phone too, but she denied that they are having an affair. He says she must have gotten his phone # from mutual acquaintance at past employer. He recently lied about staying in a hotel in NYC. I found that on bank statement. Then he denied lying about it. Now I found on the cell phone bill, that he called singles phone chatline in March. He said it was just curiosity. Also, he looks at dating/marriage internet sites out of "curiosity" a couple of times a year. I have tried the heart to heart with him, told him how much honesty means, etc. He still won't admit a problem with lying, denies having an affair, denies that his "curiosity" is a problem.:( :confused: :eek:
    Sounds like he cheats on you.

Ask yourself: is this what you want for your children and yourself ?
    Is marriage counseling does not work and a husband does these things... well, what can one do ?

I am all for fighting for a marriage.. but there are limits... it takes two to tango.

Good luck.

You deserve a man who loves and respects you.
    And treats you that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

Lies? [ 11 Answers ]

hey =D really random question guys, as you know everyone lies to their parents now and again, but lately I have been feeling bad about it, I was thinking, because when they die, can they find everything out that you have lied about.. and do they hate you? kitty xxx

Love lies [ 1 Answers ]

An old song I am trying to find the sheet music for does any body know where I might find it here are some of the lyrics when you have played the game of love there are memories you recall You think of all those happy childhood days you whisper pretty nothings that never can come true but its...

Will my lies ever stop [ 2 Answers ]

I am a leo born at 4.30pm on the5 of August 1980 I constantly tell lies to my partner and just want to stop does any one have any insight to my future cause I just don't know what or where to turn next

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search