Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Autum Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Bubbles coming through jets
    Why do I have bubbles coming through the jets?. how do I get rid othem?

Thanks,

Autum
    Road Lizard Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 08:12 AM
    I would first check the filter. Many times a clogged filter will cause cavitation and subsequent air discharge through the jets.
    Autum Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Well I have a big sand filter, so how do I clean it>?. besides backwashing etc?

Thanks
    Autum
    Road Lizard Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 11:40 AM
    The sand is most likely compacted then. If backwashing does not help, you will need to either exchange the sand for new or try to break up the sand chunks in the bottom of the filter(not recommended for the faint hearted). Sorry this is not much help, but sand filters are a thing of the past here in FL. Except for ponds and such, but you can still find sand easy enough, but it is a lot of labor.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Aug 5, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Look for suction leaks in your pipe or pump. If you have bubbles in the strainer of the pump, then it will produce bubbles at the jets.

If you have bubbles in the strainer, check for suction leaks. Check the lid and gasket of the strainer first. This is usually the problem. Sometimes there is a hair-line crack in the lid where the handle is molded into it. It can be very hard to see. The gasket may be deteriorated. Always use silicone grease on the gasket to help it seal and prevent drying out.

To check for leaks, spray sudsy water on the joints and the lid with the pump running. This is not a sure fire method, but sometimes you can see the suds being sucked in as you spray on the soap.

If the filter has air in it, you can simply backwash it out. There is usually a bleeder valve on top of the sand filter so that you can open the bleeder and let it out too.

There could be a leak in your chlorine feeder if you have a tablet feeder on it. Either in the lines, or the lid and gasket.

Or, you may have the valve or cap off the venturi that is injecting air into the return line. That is the purpose of that venturi injector... so that you can create a spa-like affect on your pool.

If you have bubbles in the suction strainer of your pump, get it fixed asap. It will damage the pump.

Hope that helps!
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleach bubbles coming up from drain [ 1 Answers ]

I own the garden and first floor level of a 3 floor building. My lower level bathroom has continually had, throughout the night, bleach bubbles coming up the drain and foaming out the emergency drain. The whole place smells like bleach and my eyes are stinging. What could this be- I can...

Bleach bubbles coming up from drain [ 1 Answers ]

I own the garden and first floor level of a 3 floor building. My lower level bathroom has continually had, throughout the night, bleach bubbles coming up the drain and foaming out the emergency drain. The whole place smells like bleach and my eyes are stinging. What could this be- I can...

Bubbles coming up from new tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

We just had our bathroom remodeled and the new tub now drains very slowly and bubbles come up when its draining. Did the contractor not vent it properly?

Bubbles out from jets [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 pool jets are releasing small bubbles, seeking advice on where the air may be getting in

Horrible smell coming from house & bubbles in floor [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having this horrible sewage smell by the washer, coming through the heater vents , by the bathroom and it's starting to seep in every room. I have also noticed bubbles in the kitchen floor. I have had a few health problems in the past few months and the smell has gotten so strong daily...

View more questions Search