inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jan 20, 2009, 01:25 PM

Well put Jakester

G&P
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 08:50 PM
    jakester,
    You have done a lot of thinking about CozyK's beliefs.
    Your effort also made me think.
    Thanks.
    You are right to stand by and defend the bible for it does contain the word of God as well as the teaching by both words and deeds the Son of God.
    Extremely important they are.
    It troubles me when so called Christians do not believe in something that Jesus said.
    While here with us He was walking talking doing truth.
    An example are those who do not believe in hell.
    All I can say about that is "wait and see the truth about that."
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    josezz Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2009, 12:33 AM

It simply didn't happen... If it did, I undeniably find myself tortured and but a pawn stranded without my queen, bishop, or knight ( my best friends on the board lol)
    josezz Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2009, 12:50 AM

We do not spend as much time on life and its meaning as do we spend on the afterlife. It is but our fear of what may be... that drives us towards our religious paths whatever they may be. I do say that Mans Fear created each book that holds its own God(s) for much modification has been stitched and restitched into each religion, and will be so until the last days. For death is certain and such comes the fear and when fear enters your mind, just as do a child, your imagination contorts and creates both a hell and haven to balance your sanity. This is how we have gotten so many forms of a specific religion today. Hatred between Christians and other denominational Christians Jews and Christian-Jews and even in the Muslim world. Religion is all about the fear...
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 24, 2009, 09:34 PM

Deffinition of "UNCONDITIONAL + LOVE: With out conditions/ absolute. + a deep feeling of fondness and freindship; great affection or devotion." By deffinition of the Gage Canadian Dictionary

Humm, does "GOD" in the bible not request that you follow him or he shuns you, sends you to damnation in hell?

This all depends on many factors. Such as the situation, the persons understanding, a persons interpretation, a person's actions, and the temperature, the elsments around the situation, the elements of the people involved, the cells that make us up and so on. NONE of us knows, with a shadow of a doubt that GOD truly exsist. If you do, then you do not have faith, for faith requires no evidence, proof, or any indication at all. So, this comes down to are you a believer, or do you have faith, or are you afraid of death and what may or may not happen after...

Lets say you did not believe in GOD, and you believed in the "FORCE". You are totally committed to keeping the peace, meditation, a sierous mind, feeling the flow of energy around you, trainning, and above all resisting temptation. He dies, then get to go to hell for being quit possibley thee most amasing person ever?? Am I to believe that GOD will love this guy, then send him to hell? Or at least deny him access to heaven.

Personally, I see that as a totally human trait, and GOD would, since "he" is all knowing, know why every person ever committed anny act. GOD would know, understand, and appriciate the Human Fualts. We are not as capable as we assume, or at least not until we are able to see what really is.

Some have mental illnesses, others are warped due to various forms of abuse, some are afraid, some are angery(still affraid), and some are Greedy, and some are confused, and so on.

Judge who you will, but the worst person in the world is that who would assume more than they know, and call it TRUTH...

Yes, GOD can be many and any things. We all interpret, percive, understand, learn, see, hear, and express things differently.

1+1=3 Go a head, tell me I'm wrong, I'd be interested to see you do it... :) haha, sieriously, this is so really very simple, but so many people will tell me, 1+1=2 nothing else.
    There is a trick to this equation, the situation to which it is applied. If you agree cool, if not, tell me why?

Unconditional love be with us all, for "the only love you keep is the love you give." ;) Buddhist saying I believe, it may be out of the book, awakening to your life's purpose, by eckheart Tolle.

Peace be with you all, and may we be with peace.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Nestorian ,
    Yes 1 + 1 can = 3
    Man + Wife have a baby = 3.
    But as far as the rest of your post goes, I believe what the bible says about God, Heaven and hell.
    It is my living authority.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Apr 28, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    The idea of two equal faiths having mutually opposed tenets is irrational. There can be only one absolute truth, without which we would have a schizophrenic God.

The argument that takes the form; “one religion is as good as another;” is a notion that is terribly illogical. Given any two denominations if either one holds one or more mutually contradictory fundamental truths (without the conflict they wouldn’t be different denominations), since both can’t be true, one or both must be wrong. Since religion shouldn't teach error in faith, then these two religions can only be equal when in error. The religion without an error is said to represent God’s reveled truth and as such is the one, true, universal faith.

JoeT
    It may be irrational but who gets to say which one is THE one? I don't believe there is just one. I just know what resonates in my soul as the one for me.
    Leviston Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2009, 03:34 PM

I agree with you cozy k.In fact religion and rationality don't go hand in hand.People chose to believe in books that are written by men, they choose to believe in God when they have not seen him which is all irrational.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    It may be irrational but who gets to say which one is THE one? I don't believe there is just one. I just know what resonates in my soul as the one for me.
    Let me see if I got this right; you get to choose what God will build up? Sorry, you don't get a choice – just like you don't have a choice to be born or not - it’s just one of those truths one finds in life – like the force of gravity, it draws you toward the one center, while providing righting forces. The choice has been made by the Creator. You do remember Matthew 16:18; “That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Christ commissioned his Church directing it to be one, as Christ is One with God. You call it the Roman Catholic Church; its real name is the Church of Jesus Christ. Would you make Christ a pretender by abandoning what he had promised to protect, even against the very gates of hell?

JoeT

Apr 28, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    Let me see if I got this right; you get to choose what God will build up? Sorry, you don't get a choice – just like you don't have a choice to be born or not - it’s just one of those truths one finds in life – like the force of gravity, it draws you toward the one center, while providing righting forces. The choice has been made by the Creator. You do remember Matthew 16:18; “That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Christ commissioned his Church directing it to be one, as Christ is One with God. You call it the Roman Catholic Church; its real name is the Church of Jesus Christ. Would you make Christ a pretender by abandoning what he had promised to protect, even against the very gates of hell?

JoeT
    You should know by now that quoting scripture to me just makes me run in the other direction. It is only as valid as you believe the bible to be. "God", "the church" "Church of Jesus Christ" "Roman Catholic Church" whatever you want to call it is found "within". Not "out there" in a bible or any other religious book. All that is just filler that does not matter really. What matters is that you make your connection with your creator and establish a personal relationship with Him, and lead your life, His gift to you, in a way that would be pleasing to Him. And to know that you can count on Him for strength, and comfort, and clarity of wisdom. The rest takes care of itself.

The part I bolded from your posts. I don't even know what you mean by that:confused:.
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 08:36 PM
    cozyk,
    Your opinion is interesting, but as a bible believer I very much disagree.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Apr 28, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    cozyk,
    Your opinion is interesting, but as a bible believer I very much disagree.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I know you do Fred and that is okay. I say to each his own.
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 09:37 PM
    cozyk,
    Yes, I also believe "to each his/her own.
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Apr 29, 2009, 12:57 AM

Altenweg
    I only meant that when someone treats me bad I should not expose that someone to judgement ,after all the Lord taught us how to pray and He instructed us to forgive and bless even our enemies. By by writing cover I meant cover with love and that does not mean hide or not talk about it but talk and bring to light everything bad the way that our Lord did.He has many things against me but He never insault me or call me names no matter what I have done.He always tells me what I have done wrong and how I mistreated Him through my neighbour and that is the truth but this is always covered with love.So I never meant hide , or shut your mouth but bring to light , tell the truth and cover it with love !
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 06:48 AM

It's very simple to me, you may never turn your back on your children but that doesn't mean they won't turn their back on you. It's that free will thing, you can't force them to love you and trust you and stay under your wing any more than God forces the same on His children.

Apr 29, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It's very simple to me, you may never turn your back on your children but that doesn't mean they won't turn their back on you. It's that free will thing, you can't force them to love you and trust you and stay under your wing any more than God forces the same on His children.
    And even if your children do turn their back on you, deny you, curse you even, would you send then to a place where they would suffer agony for eternity?

Sure, they are given the choice to obey or dis-obey, but even if they dis-obeyed, I'd say that hell thing is a little harsh.

To the hell believers, would you send your child to an eternity of damnation for disobeying you?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    And even if your children do turn their back on you, deny you, curse you even, would you send then to a place where they would suffer agony for eternity?

Sure, they are given the choice to obey or dis-obey, but even if they dis-obeyed, I'd say that hell thing is a little harsh.

To the hell believers, would you send your child to an eternity of damnation for disobeying you?
    You're complicating this. When my children turned their backs on us they ended up in a hell of their own choosing... but we always have a soft place for them to land when they decide it's too much.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 09:41 AM

Cozyk,

It is unconditional unless you choose to die in your sins. THEN it is your choice. He gave his ONLY son. I have three myself. Can't imagine given up ONE of them for people who say... "well, that's a nice jesture but I guess i will do it MY way". Personally if I were God I would be furious but He isn't. He will work with you until the day you draw your last breath to come to HIM... on HIS terms. His love is unconditional but HE gave you free will, HE won't force himself.

( hey Speech! Missing all your wisdom over here) ;)

Apr 29, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You're complicating this. When my children turned their backs on us they ended up in a hell of their own choosing...but we always have a soft place for them to land when they decide it's too much.
    That makes no sense. That says you will go to hell under your own choosing but god will take you back into heaven when you decide hell is too much.

Apr 29, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Cozyk,

It is unconditional unless you choose to die in your sins. THEN it is your choice. He gave his ONLY son. I have three myself. can't imagine given up ONE of them for people who say..."well, that's a nice jesture but I guess i will do it MY way". Personally if I were God I would be furious but He isn't. He will work with you until the day you draw your last breath to come to HIM...on HIS terms. His love is unconditional but HE gave you free will, HE won't force himself.

( hey Speech! missin all your wisdom over here) ;)
    "die in your sins" what does that mean? Would Mother Theresa go to hell if she lived the same life she lived, but did not know Jesus as her savior? Love is not unconditional when the word IF is involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ban on God's name! [ 27 Answers ]

Is it really true that the Catholic churches are now being instructed to ommit the divine name from all forms of service? If so, why? Does this also mean that any glass mossaics etc featuring YAHWEH will be replaced? Call me curious...

Conditional discharge [ 6 Answers ]

My friend got conditional discharge ,Will it remain on his record? He is a security guard will he be able to renew his license? Please reply soon.

Conditional love? Should I stay or go? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we have had our ups and downs. I've been unhappy recently because I've noticed he doesn't make as much effort as he used to. He doesn't call anymore or email or anything else other than texting. All he does is text me a few times a day which...

God's stance [ 7 Answers ]

What does God say about love and relationships. Why does he allow people to get hurt and heartbroken,even if they pray about a particular relationship and/or love? Does God care about people being heartbroken at all? I'm really looking for some relief becaue I am really hurting behind this...

Conditional discharged [ 7 Answers ]

I have been conditionally discharged of a charge in canada will it stop me from entering the states via plane? I have met all conditions

View more questions Search