Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    77katiebug777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 08:52 PM
    Question about if I can get fired for a HIPAA violation
    I have recently be talked to about a possible HIPAA violation at the hospital I work at. The patient also an employee was coming in for an ob ultrasound which I noticed. Then another coworker told me that the individual was pregnant and that she was telling people about it. So, I thought it would be OK to congratulate her. Now I am being investigated for a HIPAA violation... can I be fired?

Check out some similar questions!

Fired for safety violation? [ 0 Answers ]

I was recently fired or so I thought, sweeping an aisle past the end of shift bell as well a break bell the evening before. This was stated during my exit interview and the only document I did sign, was a document that explained my rights after I've been fired. There were no document(s) stating my...

Another hipaa violation question [ 1 Answers ]

If a pharmacist mentions the name of the medication I need to pick up but his suppliers are low, then mentions an alternative (name brand) more known to just about anyone who watches advertisements about medications on T.V. or radio, and then calls another pharmacy to fill my script and mentions my...

Fired for HIPAA [ 8 Answers ]

I held a job for 7 years in a medical office. I fired for a hippa violation. I did not do any of what I was accused of. My sister works for the same hospital. We have not spoke for over a year. This is a small town. I cryed for a year, I don't get out of the house. This has destroyedmy...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.