Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trime2x1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 01:12 AM
    Fired for safety violation?
    I was recently fired or so I thought, sweeping an aisle past the end of shift bell as well a break bell the evening before. This was stated during my exit interview and the only document I did sign, was a document that explained my rights after I've been fired. There were no document(s) stating my violation. After I filled out my documentation with the Unemployment Office, I was informed the reason behind my firing differed from my former employer. The Unemployment office stated my employer claimed I committed a safety violation, I never signed off or was told that I going to be written for a safety violation. Can a company do that, change what they tell you and claim another to Unemployment?

Check out some similar questions!

Is using a surge protector on refrigerator a safety violation for office setting? [ 2 Answers ]

Is using a surge protector on a small refrigerator in a federal GSA building considered a safety violation?

Can I get unemployment if I was fired for safety violation in California [ 3 Answers ]

They said that I was not wearing my safety belt right.At first he said he was going to give me a written warning and then they came back and fired me.

HIPPA violation fired and injury on the job [ 6 Answers ]

I fell and injured my hip and knee. I was off for one week when the doctor said I could return on restricted duty, before I could return my employer claimed I had a HIPPA violation and fired me. I received two days of workmens comp. and I am still unable to work due to the injury, I may need...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.