Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melody mom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Fired for HIPAA
    I held a job for 7 years in a medical office. I fired for a hippa violation. I did not do any of what I was accused of. My sister works for the same hospital. We have not spoke for over a year. This is a small town. I cryed for a year, I don't get out of the house. This has destroyedmy relationship with my family. If any one was to ask I could give names and phone # of people who could clear me. Two women lied and it cost me BIG. Can I clear my name?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Were you fired a year ago?

Jan 3, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Yes just over a year. I fought and got unemployment for a few mts.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 12:49 PM
    If you were entitled to unemployment that means that they found that you were fired without cause. It's past time to move on.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
    I have to agree with Em. If you were given unemployment, you were let go without cause.. time to move on.

I know what small town life is like, I live in one myself (we only have 1 stoplight, LOL), but if you have the names and numbers of people who can "clear" you, use them as your references for new employment.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 3, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I'm sure if you explain the situation to a new prospective employer, they would understand. Do you have any papers from when you got unemployment stating that you were wrongfully fired?

It's too bad your sister won't listen to reason. Have you sat down with your family and showed them the papers from the unemployment office and explained it to them? If you have and your sister still takes the side of the former employer, then that's too bad.

Just move on, get a new job, and try to put it behind you. Trust me, what goes around comes around. A few years back, I was wrongfully fired. The three women who lied to get me fired thought they were on easy street. But, 2 years later, one is in jail, one had her house foreclosed on, and the other found out her husband was cheating on her, he cleaned out her bank account, and left. So, they may have been manipulative and mean to me, but it came back around on them.

Good luck and I hope your family starts acting better soon.

Jan 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
    You are right it is time to move on. Moving on with out my sister that still works for the same hospital. That is what is hard.

Jan 3, 2008, 01:10 PM
    I am also moving on with out over half of my medical record. When I had my file forwarded to a new doctor, over half was missing. I thought that they were required to provide all records with in 30 days or request.
    homall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 06:09 PM

How did you fight you unemployment? Just curious same situation and was denied unemployment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just got fired - do I have a case? [ 15 Answers ]

I was terminated yesterday from a corporate job that I have been employed at for 8 years now. It's a well-known wireless service provider. I was terminated for using a "demo line". I was given the demo line to use a few months back by a store manager and continued to use it up until yesterday....

Fired [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salesperson and my boss is attempting to fire me without notice. The company has A process in place to work with someone prior to termination. This process was not followed. Can I do something to force the process?

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

Fired Without Just Cause [ 10 Answers ]

I began my new job 4 weeks ago as a test center administrator. I administer exams ranging from education, to doctors exams. During my time there, my supervisor was acting very funny. She didn't take the flyer down for the job position that was there when I first applied. Her two daughters...

Fired [ 8 Answers ]

I was fired by mail after being placed on suspension ( a disciplinary act that is not sanctioned by union contract) and after filing a harrassment complaint during a FMLA leave. I have no income now, therefore no money to pay a lawyer. Got any suggestions on any of the above.

View more questions Search