Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needadvicepls Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 07:19 AM
    How can my husband adopt my 3 years old son
    My husband petition me and my son from the Philippines and then got married in the US in September 22, 2007.Now my husband wants to adopt my son 3 years old, but we haven’t been able to to find out any information. The thing is I never hear anything about my son biological father (ex boyfriend) since I was 2 months pregnant. How can my husband adopt my son? Please help us. Any information its so much appreciated. Thank you
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Get a lawyer.

Make an attempt to contact the birth father to sign away his rights (usually starting to push for child support will REALLY help with that).

Go to court. Have the birth father's rights either voluntarily given up or severed by the courts.

File adoption papers. Go to court again. Sign papers to make adoption legal.

Jun 11, 2008, 08:19 AM
    What if I really don't know where my son's father at? I never saw him no more.. he don't support me or my son when I was pregnant. I don't know what to do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2008, 08:30 AM
    That's why you need a lawyer. A lawyer can tell you what you have to do to legally terminate the bio father's rights. And will prepare the pettition for your husband to adopt.

Jun 11, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. My husband try to find out where he can contact a lawyer here in Michigan. Try to find out how much its going to cost too. But thanks anyway
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Probably cost will be around $1500

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my son but [ 7 Answers ]

I don't really know how that works. My son is 6 months old, and his father left the day after I found out I was pregnant. His name is not on the birth certifercate and I have never received anything from him but maybe a phone call a couple times. I have tried to take him to court but he's nowhere...

How does my husband adopt my daugther that he's raise for 10 years. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have being together since my daugther was 3 months old,my ex had walk out on me my husband have raise my daugther ever since,now he wants to adopt my daugther,she 11 years old, we live in Florida and come to find out my ex is not her natural father by dna testing but he's name is...

Husband to adopt stepson,bio dad gone 11 years now [ 3 Answers ]

What are the abandonment laws and how does my husband adopt my son, the bio father has never been in his life, no contact whatsoever for the 11 years since he was born.

My husband wants to adopt my son [ 9 Answers ]

So here is the story... My husband and I were married in February. At that time my ex and I were going through a nasty battle in court over whether he was the father of my son or not. Recently we found out that he isn't. So my question is this. I don't know who the father of my son is, but my...

Can my husband adopt [ 1 Answers ]

I have an eight year old he has never met his dad. I have given him the opportunity to meet his son and he will not. He is paying child support, but does not want to meet my son. If I can get him to sign over his rights (which I know he will) Could my husband adopt him?

View more questions Search