Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jake50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Avoiding the friend zone
    Ok here is the deal. I was introduced to a girl by a friend of mine and we immediately hit it off, we have tons in common, I'm really into her and I'm pretty sure she is into me. The problem is she just got out of a serious relationship about a month ago and isint ready for another relationship yet. I have no problem waiting the problem is while I'm waiting I don't want to end up in the "friend zone" because I know all to well how hard it is to get out once your in it. I can't stop talking to her because if I do she may get over it faster than I think and start dating someone else. So I guess the real question is how close or distant do I need to be in order to keep myself on her mind while simultaneously staying out of the friend zone.

Any advice in appreciated.

Jake
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Sep 17, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Hmm, that's a bit hard. This girl doesn't sound like me because I don't have a "friend zone" and if any of my friends (which are guys) wanted to date me, I wouldn't have a problem trying it out. However, I think my advice on the situation may work.

Try being as close as you can. Be sweeter than just a normal friend, you know, borderline boyfriend acts. Don't hang around her ALL the time, but when you are around, make sure she has the best time with you and that it's the hilight of her day. Hopefully, she will keep interest in you and when she gets over it, she'll tell you and you two can be together happily :)
    pinkcelly123 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Sep 17, 2008, 08:43 PM
    There is not such thing as a friend zone if a girl labels you a friend it was because she was never really interested you in that way to begin with. She won't label you a friend just because u guys always hang out if she likes u and u guys always hang out it she won't label you a friend . Do what you got to do , be real with her if u want to call her call her.if she is interested in you don't get to distant she just broke up with a guy she is not for the games . So talk to her like you would any other girl you wanted to be with.. only thing is yes she just broke up so just expect the friend speech (if it comes)because she is still hurting not because you are forever in the invisible "friend zone"
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
    The friend zone is where you WANT to safely wait out this period. It gives you unfettered access to her, and it's a perfect vantage point to gather info on sparking the fun stuff later when you see/detect she's ready.

Stop being a baby about the process. Friends who become lovers have an awesome shot at success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my friend avoiding me? [ 8 Answers ]

I met a girl last week. She seemed extremely intelligent and had a great personality. She was also really selfless. She spent 3 hours picking out clothes for me. We were suppoesd to meet today, she called me yesterday and said that she couldn't make it because she had extended obligations at work....

The Friend Zone [ 8 Answers ]

I got to let it out... I met a girl who is more than a year older than me. We are best friends but I want more. The only thing is that I'm not the guy she would usually go for. I'm not ugly, I'm pretty actractive but she's into muscle guys who are "older." She wants a hottie. The poit of...

How to stay out of the friend zone [ 10 Answers ]

My question is how do I stay out of the friend zone both in and out of the relationship? I was recently dumped and she said she couldn't see me as more than just a friend that being said how would one show that they can be more than just a friend?

Friend Zone [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I broke up with a long term boyfriend about 4 months ago, we were pretty serioius and I found out that he was cheating on me and that he was never really faithful so now I am very cautious and I worry all the time. I go to school with a guy named Chad and he has never cheated on a girlfriend and...

How do you tell if you're in the FRIEND ZONE with a girl? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I got this girls number about two weeks ago. We talked on the phone for the last two weeks for at least 1-2 hrs each time. Funny thing is, she admitted that if I didn't ask her for her number, then she would've asked for mine. I've been playing it cool, but this girl is GOOD at making me...

View more questions Search