Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgardner51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Roof Shingles
    I just purchased some new shingles for my roof. I just noticed that they're 4 years old. Is this considered old for new shingles?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2011, 03:17 PM
    The shingles were manufactured 4 years ago. You could return them for some newer manufacture date but since they were only stored somewhere it should not effect their performance on your roof,so long as they are not brittle, faded out or broken. If in doubt, return them and get an exchange. This is just new old stock they sold you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you paint roof asphalt shingles [ 10 Answers ]

We had a new porch added on front of house (8x6). The roofing shingles they put on are to light compared to the house. Can the new ones be painted darker, so they will blend better with the house roof?

How to install metal roof over shingles [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any online video that would help or have any pointers Thanks cgreer8

Roof/shingles or metal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roof that drops 9 inches in 13 feet. Can I use regular shingles instead of rolled roofing? If I go with metal panels,can I fasten them right to the new felt or do I need the 3/4 inch strips. ...

Bitumen roof vs shingles [ 0 Answers ]

Hi! I had a bitumen roof installed recently on my roof with a slight slope. The roofer initially quoted us to have composition 30 yr shingles installed, plywood (since there was none installed under the prior roof), sheathing and ridge vent. When the City came to do the roof inspection they told...

Shingles not flat on new roof [ 5 Answers ]

Just had a new roof installed with all new plywood etc. Looks like a fine job except that most of the shingles do not lie 100%flat on the bottom. Someone told me that it's because the weather is still cold (it was installed beginning of December in NY) and that if it were warm, that the shingles...

View more questions Search