Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snow joe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 11:49 AM
    04 Ford F 350 6 litre Has run well until present, this past week it has developed a p
    F350 6.0 Starts cold runs well, if truck is shut down it will not restart until it cools
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 12:03 PM

See if there's a temperature overload, to prevent engine damage. Have you been changing the coolant every 2 to 3 years, using distilled water with the proper antifreeze and SCA? This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1923468
    snow joe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 12:10 PM

Temp overload how would I check, Fluids have been maintained, new oil cooler, egr, head gaskets, rebuilt turbo, all in six months, had 1 of two batteries heat up / short this is the latest issue since vapor lock. Altenater is porforming well
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 12:16 PM

Call your local Ford truck dealer. Start using full-synthetic HDDO, to protect your turbo and a host of other reasons:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford F-350 Diesel 2005? / 2007 ? [ 9 Answers ]

I am about to buy a 2005 Ford f-350 diesel. Is there anyone that knows of problems with this year ford's diesel engine? Or should I buy a 2007 ford diesel ? Help! This is a big deal for me! Thanks mountainman...

Which is better- 350 Ford OR 3500 Chevy [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase a used truck to haul horses, farm equip, etc. I have noticed far more Fords for sale than Chevy. Are the Ford owners just not satisfied? I know the Ford 6.0 L has had more than its share of warranty claims. For the years of '98 through '02 who produced the most reliable...

1978 Ford F-350 starter trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a 1978 Ford F-350 dump truck. It was having occasional starter trouble when I bought it, the starter would sometimes activate, but not engage to turn the engine over. I thought that the teeth on the starter gear were probably stripped, so I replaced the starter. The gears did seem...

View more questions Search