Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hogback Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Ford F-350 Diesel 2005? / 2007 ?
    I am about to buy a 2005 Ford f-350 diesel. Is there anyone that knows of problems with this year ford's diesel engine? Or should I buy a 2007 ford diesel ? Help! This is a big deal for me! Thanks mountainman...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
    The 2005 7.3L PSD is an awesome engine. I'm not aware of any problems.

Mar 7, 2007, 05:08 AM
    This truck f-350 (2005) has the 6.0 L diesel. The last yr. that the 7.3 was installed in the f-250/350 was 2003... thanks hogback
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 07:41 AM
    I'm surprised you would even ask about buying the 6.0L engine, since it has been such a well advertised problem for Ford. The nature of the question made me think you must be referring to the 7.3L engine. I thought I might be a year off--that's why I specified 7.3L in my response. I wanted it to be clear that my endorsement was only for that engine. Sorry about that. I work on 7.3L F350s for cattle rancher friends of mine--I attended aerospace engineering school, not car and truck sales.

Mar 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Thanks tx greasemonkey... I only know this as the sales mngr. at the dealership informed me of this and said that the 6.0 diesels that were made after 2004 are not causing any problems as the previous engines were. I am aware who I am talking with ( a salesman that wants to sell a truck) and that's why I am here on line trying to get more info. Your help is appreciated.. Thanks Hogback
    viper6b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I have a 2005 F350 superduty and have had 5 injectors changed and a fuel pump. The dealers I have been dealing with have all agreed they have had major problems with this engine. I would not buy another one.
    Fightsbuildings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 04:44 PM
    I have a 2005 6.0L with 163000 on it and have replaced some injectors as well and pumps and piping. viper6d how may miles do you have onh your truck or does anyone know of this truck running well with higher millage? It seams to be running fine now. I have thought about selling it but really don't know what a should be looking for after if I sold it. I do like the truck and if I can run it longer I would like to but don't know if I should. Any comments?
    marroon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 06:14 PM
    I own a 2005 6.L and just love it . But a about month ago I chenged the two fule filters and now I can t seem to get the air out of the line.
    marroon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
    I have 2005 f350 I* just chang fule filters and now I can t seem to get the air out of the line the truck will run only in park . I bleed the line and the truck will restart and will run for about 40 min. then starves its self.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
    marroon, check all gaskets and connections. Did you use Motorcraft fuel filters? Other brands can sometimes cause problems.

On diesel engines that will not restart, after they are warmed up, it's often a sign of a tired fuel pump. As they heat soak, inside pump head clearances increase and it will no longer develop sufficient fuel pressure at cranking speed. While it's running, fuel helps cool the pump by carrying the heat away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2001 F-350 7.3 diesel overheats [ 6 Answers ]

This is the first diesel I've owned, so I need some advice. It has 221,000 miles on it, only about 10,000 put on by me. Whenever I pull a trailer at highway speeds, it overheats--worse when loaded, but sometimes even when empty. It has an aftermarket high-performance air filter (Airaid) which...

Diesel ford truck [ 2 Answers ]

When my ford 7.3 turbo diesel is cold, it makes a loud hissing sound about every 10 sec and last for 10 sec. Anyone know what could cause it? Thank you. Jeff

Ford 2005 6.0 diesel [ 8 Answers ]

I have had a rough idle problem with the 6.0 diesel, I take it to Ford and they repair it but never tell what they did. It has happened again for the third time, any ideas what could be happening?? Thanks

Ford diesel 7.3 oil problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 f-250 w/7.3 the gally plug o-rings keep blowing out anyone know of a problem that may cause this or if ford has a problem with the o-rings.

2007 ford mustang gt prem [ 3 Answers ]

Due to the unreliabilty of my 2002 nissan altima 2.5s, the sole reason I got this piece of sh.. I was thinking of purchasing a 2007 ford mustang gt. Does anyone have any experience with the reliabilty of this vehicle?

View more questions Search