Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartbreaker Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2008, 04:46 PM
    How to trust him?
    Me and this guy have been going for six months and it bugs him that I can't trust him because of my last past experiences. I want to so badly.but, what experiment or something that I can do to show weather I should?
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 12, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Well, really the only thing you can do is bite your tongue when you feel like saying something about not trusting him. You really just have to force yourself to stop. Do you have any reason not to trust him? Because if you don't than you have no reason to be that way towards him. I understand that your past experiences have made you this way, but your past experiences could ruin a perfectly good relationship if you are not careful.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Do you know anyone that ever stole something? Should YOU be punished for it? Should anyone even point any attitude in your direction at all about something someone else did?

Anyone ever lie to you? Don't you now disbelieve every statement made to you by any person on any issue, after all, you were lied to once, right?

Ever seen something written down about someone you know wasn't true? Well, if that's the case, can't you now refuse to believe anything you see in writing about anything on any topic from anyone?

You see the problem with what you're doing to him. It makes no sense WHATSOEVER to punish him, distrust him, suspect him, bad attitude him in ANY WAY based on the actions/words/writings of some other random person. It's nuts.

Snap out of it. Apologize to him, and anyone else you've done this to recently.

Every person deserves absolute honesty and trust from you until THEY specifically break that trust. And then you only distrust the thing they broke, not every aspect of them.

Being fair with people takes work on your part. DO the work.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 05:36 AM
    This sounds like your problem to deal with, not his. I strongly suggest you take the steps to solve it, or risk destroying any relationship you have, and will ever have. Maybe you needed to put more time healing, before jumping into this relationship.

If you need help, there is no shame in getting it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not sure I can trust him. [ 6 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for about a month(obiously nothing too serious), but I've known him for a few months. We had an immediate attraction and up until now everything has been going perfectly. He was talking on the phone with me one day and eventually said he thought Jessica Alba was hot. I was...

How can I trust him [ 3 Answers ]

am 18 when i waz 17 years old i had a bad realationship that me up badly . Know i found a guy that i think he love me well that wat he say . I want to be able to trust him but i cannt am just afraind that he is going to hurt me .what canm i do to tell him ? How can i tell if he is been honest...

This is trust! [ 4 Answers ]

A contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" had reached the final plateau. If she answered the next question correctly, she would win $1,000,000. If she answered incorrectly, she would pocket only the $32,000 milestone money. And as she suspected it would be, the million-dollar...

Why don't I trust her? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals. Just wanted some opinions really. I'll make it short and sweet. Ive been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 3 and a half years now and things are starting to crack around the edges. She hasn't changed or anything, it's me. She always goes out clubbing with her mates...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search