Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pooke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Toilet Bowl/Tank Fill
    When we flush our toilet once the tank fills as does the bowl and we have an incomplete flush. The second flush fills the tank and empties the bowl completely, and the bowl does not refill, but the flush is complete. We have plunged, used unclogging chemicals, scraped rim feed holes, checked that the flapper closes, and confirmed all other tank inards are functioning properly. Please help! Thanks!
    pooke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Never mind. I just noticed my tube was filling the tank rather than the valve. Not sure how that happened, but the problem is solved.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 7, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pooke
    Never mind. I just noticed my tube was filling the tank rather than the valve. Not sure how that happened, but the problem is solved.
    I assume you mean the small tube(#5 in the image)that fills the bowl as the tank. Just make sure that the small tube doesn't fall below the tanks water level. Attach it to the top of the white overflow tube. Glad you got yourself repaired. Good work! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bowl does not fill why? [ 18 Answers ]

The toilet works,tank fills and it flushes,but the bowl gets no water?what is up with this?

1 Toilet Bowl Won't Fill Enough [ 9 Answers ]

I've read through most of the questions but don't see this exact question. One of the toilets in the house doesn't fill enough - the bowl only fills about 1/2 of what it should. The other toilet is fine. I mention the other toilet because 'as the crow flies' they are in proximity. I think they...

Toilet bowl does not fill like it used to. [ 5 Answers ]

I have an older toilet and recently the toilet bowl fills to only about half of what it used to. The tank fills properly and the fill tube is inserted into the overflow tube. By pushing down on the float for a few seconds I can keep the water running and fill the bowl. The level of the water in...

New toilet bowl doesn't fill up [ 1 Answers ]

We just put in a new Kohler (one piece) toilet. It has the large flapper in the tank for supposedly better flushing. However, the flapper is on a raised assembly that when flushed only uses half the water in the tank. Here are my questions: 1. The water level in the bowl in only in the bottom...

Toilet bowl doesn't fill up with water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I just bought a house and have so much to learn. When I flush the toilet, sometimes the tank doesn't fill up with water and sometimes it does. It seems to happen every other flush. Can anyone help me to determine which part I need to buy? Thank you, Amy

View more questions Search