Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bruce B Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 07:45 PM
    New toilet bowl doesn't fill up
    We just put in a new Kohler (one piece) toilet. It has the large flapper in the tank for supposedly better flushing. However, the flapper is on a raised assembly that when flushed only uses half the water in the tank. Here are my questions:
    1. The water level in the bowl in only in the bottom drain area. What can I do to make it fill higher?
    2. When I flush it seems to force water up initially causing splashing. I've never seen a toilet work quite that way. It seems to me that the water should be forcing downward instead of upward. How do I fix this?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:20 AM
    [smilez]
    Welcome to the future.
    Is the water level in the tank within 1/4" of the overflow? Is the refill tube that refills the bowl in the proper place?
    I personally do not like gadgets for flushing. I like a sustained flush and rinse for the bowl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bowl does not fill why? [ 18 Answers ]

The toilet works,tank fills and it flushes,but the bowl gets no water?what is up with this?

Bird in Toilet Bowl [ 6 Answers ]

I raised my toilet lid to use the bathroom, but there was a dead bird in there. The bird must have been alive at some point because the lid, rim, seat were all splashed with water. How did the bird get in there? The lid was down.

Toilet tank and bowl [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet when flushing is filling up the bowl and overflowing instead of emting the bowl- tried plunger - did not work? I hate to call a plumber if I can fix this myself Sheryl

Toilet bowl doesn't fill up with water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I just bought a house and have so much to learn. When I flush the toilet, sometimes the tank doesn't fill up with water and sometimes it does. It seems to happen every other flush. Can anyone help me to determine which part I need to buy? Thank you, Amy

Toilet bowl seal [ 1 Answers ]

I took the toilet out of our bathroom. After I removed it, I found there was No wax seal, only a round rubber seal about two inches wide all the way Around. I have looked in stores for this, and have not seen one. I used A wax seal and I have a little bit of water leaking around the base. When...

View more questions Search