Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hvaccb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 12:25 PM
    No power at breakers box
    I have power coming in to my box I checked power at main and it is good until I turn any of the breakers on then I loose power at main then when I turn breaker back off the power at the main come back up
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Classic high resistance connection somewhere. A TYPICAL spot is the split bolts where the utility wire attached to the service cable before the meter. Likely the Utility's problem.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Are you losing LINE power into Main Breaker, and if losing both hots under load would be stranger. Could be in Meter Can connections as well. Measure both hots from neutral/ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fitting 30ma circuit breakers to 3phase distri. Box [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am living in the South of France and the power supply to my house is 3 phase. The overall supply is 9kv giving a max of 3kv on each phase. I tried to fit a type AC 30ma breaker to each phase for safety reasons but have failed somewhere! The supply is 3 lives (220v each) and 1 neutral. I...

Cost of converting fuse box to circuit breakers [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 100 amp electrical service using a fuse box to which a small circuit breaker panel was added (see photo). I would like to convert the whole service to a 150 amp circuit breaker panel. I live in Rochester, Minnesota. What is your estimate of the cost of this conversion?

Matching breakers with box brand? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE box and Cutler-Hammer breakers, the electrical has been set up this way since I moved in 4 years ago. I have never had a problem with the electrical in my house, but we have an inspector telling us that this is a fire safety issue and should be addressed. Is this smoke and mirrors or...

Breaker Box Amps rating & Number of breakers installed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question in regards to amps allowed in a breaker box. My breaker box has a label stating that the box has a maximum load of 200 amps, but that it is convertible. I really don't know what the convertible part means. If I look at the breakers installed, these add way more than 200 amps. ...

Adding Breakers to Existing Box [ 4 Answers ]

I'm finishing a basement in a large 8 year old home. We've added about 1500 sq feet in the basement and 5-6 new circuits. The breaker box, and a sub panel are full, with several mini breakers. We've been told that as part of the final electrical inspection a "load analysis" will be done....

View more questions Search