Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    My Heart Hurts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Wanted Space then he went back to his ex in a week
    My live in boyfriend moved out on 10/5/07. I asked him to. I needed space. Just to detach myself from his ex. She was so mean to him. Well a week later he tells me him and his ex are going to give it another shot. They spent a lot of time together over the weekend and the kids loved it. Now I am sitting here alone. I just wanted space for a moment not a lifetime. I was so blind sided by this my heart hurts really bad. Their divorce is final in December07 don't know if they are going through with it. But, he continues to sleep with me and her. He tells me he loves me and we will be together again in 13 years when he is not so responsible for his kids well being! Need Advice. This is making me nuts! My heart and head are telling me different things. My heart keeps telling me to sleep with him he will come back to you. My head run fast and far from him if he wanted to be with you he would be. Advice pretty please! Or people who been in similar situations how did you deal with this.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Holy livin' crap! You're really going to waste 13 years of your life waiting for something that's never going to happen? You're not being very true to yourself at all! Surely you had to know that, with him still being married, at least on paper and with children involved that such a relationship would be touch-and-go from the start. No doubt your wanting a "break" was the perfect excuse for him to end his little tryst with you. Maybe he's going back to his not-yet-ex out of loneliness, guilt or a genuine desire to try and reconcile ; it's hard to know for sure. But understand that, as his legal spouse she has a prior claim to all of his affections. And now he's making you a promise of something 13 years down the road? As far as family dynamics go, 13 years is a lifetime. Literally anything can and will happen in that time. Frankly I think you need to count your blessings that he's gone and let this be a learning experience for you. Get out there and find yourself a man who'll be true to you and make you his #1 priority. You won't get that from someone who's married and/or separated, especially if he has kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

She wanted a break, got it, and now looks like she wants me back [ 1 Answers ]

OK.. This is how it goes.. Me and my girl have been going out For 1 year and almost 11 months now... Everything was great and Recently there were rumors about her cheating on me but all of that was Cleared up.. we found out that the rumors weren't true and all that good Stuff... but ever...

She wanted space now she's moved out.we where so happy [ 7 Answers ]

Been together for 5 years.. complete commitment, studied together for these 5 years also.. been on many overseas trips spent a year abroad doing a postgrad together etc.. lots of beautiful memories and very little fighting going on.. came back around christmas from overseas and opened up with the...

One week he said he loved me. The next he wanted over. [ 4 Answers ]

I've fallen in love, and he said he'd done the same. He said he wanted to be with me forever, and that he wanted to marry me. We'd spent the last week on holiday. It'd been great to spend so much time with him, considering we both live seperatly, with a 30minute drive between us. It was an amazing...

View more questions Search