Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pagan_soul Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 03:13 PM
    One week he said he loved me. The next he wanted over.
    I've fallen in love, and he said he'd done the same. He said he wanted to be with me forever, and that he wanted to marry me. We'd spent the last week on holiday. It'd been great to spend so much time with him, considering we both live seperatly, with a 30minute drive between us. It was an amazing week.
    Then, we came back. We went to a party, and had some fun, then went back to our own homes. A few days later he called to say that there was something big he wanted to talk about. I got the impression that I had upset him in some way.
    We were going to meet the next day, but he slept in and didn't show. He then went away for a week, but promised we could talk when he got back.
    He came back, and we talked over MSN. He said the relationship wasn't working for him anymore, but it was something we needed to talk in person about. He said he could come over in a few days.
    Yesterday evening was the only time good for us both. He agreed to come, but again, he didn't show. He sent me a message saying he couldn't come. I got it a few hours after he was meant to be here.
    it said we could talk when he got back. He's going away for another week.

I just can't work out what's going on in his head. Everything was perfect... he loved me. I love him. Then he spent some time away, and everythings changed. Now he's going back, to stay again with one of his female friends. Who also happens to be his x.
    I know he wouldn't cheat on me, especially not with his x. She's a friend of mine as well, and she's also dating an x-bf of mine. Confusing eh?
    But, I'm worried that he's found someone new. He wouldn't have slept with her or started anything yet, he'd wait until he could end him and I... but the thought that he could fall out of love with me so quickly over someone else hurts so much.
    Though, that might not be the case. There could be some other reason for his behaviour.
    What do you think?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
    If you can fall in love in a week , you can fall out of love in a week. I think you both are moving too fast and are in lust not love. I bet he woke up to that fact before you did.

Jan 21, 2007, 09:34 PM
    I guess I didn't explain properly.
    I didn't mean that we fell in love while on Holiday. We've been in a relationship for a few months, and we've known each other for years, but it was while on holiday that we announced our feelings for each other.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jan 22, 2007, 02:09 PM
    He may have just spoken too soon. Emotions are really sporadic and can change overnight. I'm not sure about most people, but I don't think you can fall in love in a few months, I think that true love, especially the marrying kind, takes longer, a year or two.

That he told you that the relationship was not working for him via MSN and then stood you up to talk about it, well, it seems to me a little cruel. He's prolonging your pain and confusion. That he "couldn't" make it, I'm not buying it. I think he's procrastinating cause he doesn't want to face you, sounds pretty selfish to me.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, I hope you can get past this soon.

Jan 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Is it possible to edit a question?

I was just going to say, thanks for everyone for their support!
    He came round today, and we talked. He said he still loved me, but he didn't think he could handle his emotions. He's moving house soon, and we both decided it'd be hard to carry on a relationship with him living 1.5hours away.
    We're still going to be close, and he says he's going to stop dating, but when he has time for a relationship, he'll give me a call. He wants us to last, and doesn't think we will through all this.
    I'm a bit upset, but as long as we can stay mates, I'll be happpy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Missing a person I loved [ 3 Answers ]

I am so depressed because I miss a person I have loved for so long and now I feel that we will never be together.

She loves me and its been 3 weeks since we talked [ 15 Answers ]

Hey, Here's my situation. I've been dating this awesome girl(27, and I'm 26) for almost 3 years now. We met and started friends in 2002. When we started dating everything was prefect! We spent so much quality time together. Then about a year ago I started looking for my own place and...

I talked to him... told him everything [ 50 Answers ]

I followed everyone's advice and spoke to him about everything even telling him that I don't trust him and I feel so much better besides feeling exhausted! I brought up instances that I remember very clearly and his response was:- Shocked! But, as its all of a sexual nature, he said that he...

Did she ever loved me? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I met the most amazing girl 7 years ago she gave everything and all the things for me past 7yrs she showed me what it feels liked to be loved and she knew that I loved her as much as she loved me. But all of sudden and out of nowhere she decide to get married with someone else. Why? She...

Loved by two brothers? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm china and I'm the one who wrote last time on the topic "should i give his brother a chance" and the one who wrote "help me plese i'm confused' right now the guy that I truly like is here in the US and well we have been communicating through e-mail. The problem that I have now is that his...

View more questions Search