Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worker bee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 09:00 AM
    91 Honda CRX Ignition
    The key was getting stuck in the ignition so we replaced the key cylinder. It did not help. We have noticed this only happens in the morning when it is cold outside. What could we do to prevent this?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Try spraying WD-40 in the locking mechanism. Are you pulling on the steering wheel to release pressure on the locking mechanism? You may be unfamiliar with what you need to do.
    worker bee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worker bee
    The key was getting stuck in the ignition so we replaced the key cylinder. It did not help. We have noticed this only happens in the morning when it is cold outside. What could we do to prevent this?
    We have tried WD-40 in the ignition and lifting on the steering wheel slightly. It appears this is happening due to the cold. We have moved the car inside at night-and find we do not have the problem until the car is parked outside in the cold-then it happens again. Any thoughts? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Problems 1991 Honda CRX [ 2 Answers ]

1. Runs hot (almost overheats) in hot weather--only when the air conditioning is on. 2. Brake pedal very spongy/goes all the way to the floor, only in hot weather and car is warmed up (and even then not all the time). Otherwise the brakes work fine. Any ideas?

89 honda CRX no spark/ no ecu blinks [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a 89 crx and the car would not start, fuel issue . I unpluged the harness and there was no power going to the fuel pump so I ran power to the fuel pump and I was able to start the car. I noticed that the fuel gauge was not working so I asumed that the extra two cables in the fuel...

1989 honda crx ignition switch [ 3 Answers ]

Can I change the ignition switch on my crx myself and how do I do it?

Honda crx can you have spark with a bad ECU? [ 14 Answers ]

Honda crx can you have spark with a bad ECU?

91 Honda CRX Ignition-key gets stuck [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 1991 Honda CRX-the key keeps gettting stuck in the ignition. The dealership wants $300 just for a new ignition switch. What could be causing this? Easiest fix? Thanks

View more questions Search