Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dj16bit Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 01:27 AM
    89 honda CRX no spark/ no ecu blinks
    I just purchased a 89 crx and the car would not start, fuel issue . I unpluged the harness and there was no power going to the fuel pump so I ran power to the fuel pump and I was able to start the car. I noticed that the fuel gauge was not working so I asumed that the extra two cables in the fuel pump hardness had something to do with the fuel gauge. I touched the wrong cables while the car was running and it sparked and the car turned off. No ignition spark After disconecting the battery terminal for 30 seconds and turning the ignition on, I replaced the main relay and tried a different ecu,same thing.
    I checked all fuses and the coil has power I am assuming it's the igniter?

Help please:confused:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Did you check all fuses with a multimeter? Pay particular attention to the ACG (S) fuse, probably under-dash Fuse #24. If this isn't the solution, then I would replace the igniter, like you said. Many auto part stores will test igniters/coils for free.
    dj16bit Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Finally figured it out with the help of everyone's advise. I checked all the fuses but there was one that I most of over looked. After replacing the main relay, ecu and ignitor I realized that the harness for the main relay only had one wire with 12v. I found a bad fuse under the dash that powered the main relay and tested the harness, after installing the new fuse I was getting power from multiple cables with the ignition on. At that point I plugged in my original main relay and the ecu warning light would finally turn off after a few second and the car crank up with the original ECU and ignitor.
    I feel like dork because I checked all fuses 3 times and could have had this car running two months ago, but you learn from mistakes some times and you guys have been very helpful.
    Thanks again for posting,
    dj16bit
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2006, 01:31 PM
    We rejoice with you, dj16bit! Good job.
    pinoyren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Well I don't know if you still look at this thread, but which fuses did you change. I think I am having similar problems. I double triple checked the fuses. Unless you are referring to the main relay? Please let me know.
    evankoka12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 04:40 AM

Yo I have had this problem for 2 days now, I would be able to crank the car, but nothing will turn on, no spark, fuel pump wasn't working, nothing. I checked all the fuses, all are fine, checked relays, distributor, coils, everything was in order. My mate came past, and he told me that I had an engine immobilizer installed (alarm) all I had to do was push a button, and it turned on. Stupid thing really, but hey at least I know the car won't get stolen! :P Check this if you have an immobilizer, and all else fails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Problems 1991 Honda CRX [ 2 Answers ]

1. Runs hot (almost overheats) in hot weather--only when the air conditioning is on. 2. Brake pedal very spongy/goes all the way to the floor, only in hot weather and car is warmed up (and even then not all the time). Otherwise the brakes work fine. Any ideas?

Honda Civic (2000) ECU CVT error [ 3 Answers ]

Service diagnostic of my Honda Civic (manufacturing year - 2000) ECU showed the error 30-1. It seems to be the CVT error. Does there anybody know, what this error means? Could it be because of old dirty oil in CVT? The car was driven over 80.000 km, and oil has never changed.

1989 honda crx ignition switch [ 3 Answers ]

Can I change the ignition switch on my crx myself and how do I do it?

91 honda 1.5 dx crx blows gas out intake [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crx with 172000 miles on it. Here's the background.I got the crx about a year ago and have maintained the car well ( full sythetic oil, premium gas, fuel injector cleaner, c/a intake, headers). The problem started after I was flushing my coolant, cleaning the throtle body, and degreasing...

ECU input to Igniter (ICM) on 1993 Honda Civic DPFI [ 0 Answers ]

How do you measure the input from the ECU to the ignitor (ICM) (YEL/GRN wire)?? This input tells the ignitor when to ground the -ve side of the primary coil. My multimeter registers a non zero small voltage when cranking, but since the response is very low on my meter, I don't think I'm...

View more questions Search