Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onelove22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Why is he chasing me?
    I'm in my mid 20's now and reside in Canada...i lived in England from the age of 2 till 8. During the whole time of my childhood there i kept having this recurring dream about running down this alley that was very familiar, one of which looked like one by where i lived in between houses. It seems to never end and i'm running and running scared to death and the whole time i keep looking back and theres this dark figure which looks like a man and he's walking ever so casually but seems to keep up with me no matter how fast i'm running. He just keeps chasing me, staring at me with red glowing eyes and almost a devilish voice of some kind, but he's not really saying much. It's late and dark outside during the whole thing too. I thought it went away, but then from time to time every few years or so i find i dream of it again. Last time i had it was almost 5-7 yrs ago. I just dont understand what it means or why i'm still having the exact same dream.:confused:
    shizukesa65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onelove22
    I'm in my mid 20's now and reside in Canada...i lived in England from the age of 2 till 8. During the whole time of my childhood there i kept having this recurring dream about running down this alley that was very familiar, one of which looked like one by where i lived in between houses. It seems to never end and i'm running and running scared to death and the whole time i keep looking back and theres this dark figure which looks like a man and he's walking ever so casually but seems to keep up with me no matter how fast i'm running. He just keeps chasing me, staring at me with red glowing eyes and almost a devilish voice of some kind, but he's not really saying much. It's late and dark outside during the whole thing too. I thought it went away, but then from time to time every few years or so i find i dream of it again. Last time i had it was almost 5-7 yrs ago. I just dont understand what it means or why i'm still having the exact same dream.:confused:
    As a child I also had numerous recurring dreams. I realized later in life that it was my own anxiety that was plaguing me. When I dealt with my fears and anxieties the nightmares faded. Look within yourself and realize you are the dark stranger.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    I would say it is a fear of something too. Like maybe feeling no matter how hard you try you are missing something even as simple as a deeper meaning of life or worried of not accomplishing your full potential.
    g_crow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onelove22
    Hey Onelove...

If I were in your shoes, I would find a copy of "Man and His Symbols" by Carl Jung and read it very carefully. It sounds to me like you are having shadow dreams!

Stay peaceful and enjoy Jung!!

Greg
    Lost_Spirit Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 07:35 AM
    I had the same dream so did my cousin so we started calling him Shadow the Darkness Leader.My cousin and I have seen him in real life too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to keep her chasing/keep her on her toes? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I have seen and heard advice all around about relationships. One which has kept me in question is "keep them on their toes (interested/chasing)." This would obviously come with being unpredictable. What I would like to know his how do people go about this, I would feel like I...

Chasing Landlord for security deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I rented an apartment in Minneapolis for 1.5 month from the home owner. I was aware of my short stay there hence I signed a short term monthly lease with a notice period of 15 days. At the time of vacating the apartment I fulfilled all lease terms, gave them written notice through email, cleaned...

Chasing copper piping [ 2 Answers ]

Can I sink copper pipes into brick walls, do they need protection.

Why is chasing tails bad? [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy loves to chase her tail and bite it. I've been reading training books and they all seem to say to distract her from that. Why is it bad for a dog to chase it's tail? I thought that is a natural thing dogs love to do.

Is it worth chasing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there I was wandering if anyone could give me some advice here is the situation . I have been seeing a 23 year old lady for about 6 months I`m I'm 30 . I have not had many serious relationship two actually. Any how it was amazing we couldn't have been nicer to each other . Looked like the...

View more questions Search