Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TinyBear1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Can exwife leave the state with our daughter on my visitation and holiday?
    Demonchlld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 10:46 AM
    No, but the question then becomes who's going to stop her. In this scenario if you try and stop her, depending on what the reason is that you have visitation rights in the first place, what is going to happen to you. So in order for her not to go with the girl you have to call the police to make her stay with you.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBear1 View Post
    can exwife leave the state with our daughter on my visitation and holiday?
    She's not supposed to, but that doesn't mean she won't. If she does, you need to file for contempt of court against her for withholding the child.

In my state, calling the police won't do any good as this is considered a civil matter and the police are "technically" not supposed to get involved.
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2010, 03:51 PM
    My Ex and I have shared custody and if I leave the state for more then just a vacation then he can say I kidnapped my own kids. And same goes for him. I have to get written permission to move out of the city/ County if not he can take me to court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2010, 03:56 PM

If there is a court ordered visitation and she does not make the child available to you for that visitation, she is in contempt of court and can be punished by the court.

It might help if you relate the full situation. Such things should be up to compromise. Maybe something has come up and you can trade holidays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to leave husband and go to diff state w/daughter [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. I have been married for 3 years, and have been separated for a little over 4 months now. I currently reside in MA with my 19 month old daughter. My husband/her father is stationed in CA. I am currently in CA visiting him with our daughter. However, I am wanting to go back home with her (MA...

Can I leave state with my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my daughters father share joint custody with primary placement with me he gets her two days a week. The rest with me. I want to leave the state of New York to go to Oklahoma what would I have to do do to be able to do this. There is no agreement that I cant.:confused::confused:

Missing my daughter, exwife unfairly keeping child in another state [ 3 Answers ]

My ex wife has continually tried to keep my child, who is now 8 years old, from me and badgers me about every detail of the court agreements that I have to fulfill but she never fulfills her part of any agreement we make, including the ones in court when she lies and pretends she doesn't understand...

Holiday Visitation [ 6 Answers ]

Doesn't the holiday visitation usually trump the regular visitation even if the order doesn't specifically say so. Example Wed 31 is ncp's standard visit from 6-8pm Wed 31 is also NYE and also the beginning of cps visitation from 6-8pm. Wouldn't that mean that cp keeps child at 6 and...

Help! My daughter is possessed by my exwife! [ 15 Answers ]

In 1998, my exwife, and I divorced, and she promptly relocated to Germany. I was so relieved that she was gone, but the court awarded her temporary full custody of our 3 year old daughter prior to her departure. After 5 years of limited parenting time, due to the great distance, she, (for lack of a...

View more questions Search