Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cunfuzed Posts: 140, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Holiday Visitation
    Doesn't the holiday visitation usually trump the regular visitation even if the order doesn't specifically say so.

Example

Wed 31 is ncp's standard visit from 6-8pm
    Wed 31 is also NYE and also the beginning of cps visitation from 6-8pm.

Wouldn't that mean that cp keeps child at 6 and ncp does not get that standard visit for that day since the holiday visit starts at 6?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cunfuzed View Post
    Doesnt the holiday visitation usually trump the regular visitation even if the order doesnt specificaly say so.

Example

Wouldnt that mean that cp keeps child at 6 and ncp does not get that standard visit for that day since the holiday visit starts at 6?.
    That's the way it usually works. A "holiday" is a special time set aside during the calendar year. Birthdays also can fall under that category. The standard schedule is the norm and the holiday / birthday schedule is the exception. So if a conflict occurs the then the holiday / birthday takes precidence.

Jan 5, 2009, 10:43 AM

Well I guess I should be expecting him to file contempt as he does for every little thing before thinking about it. I got a call from a sherriff but I didn't check the message until Sunday. Apparently he didn't know my visitation for NYE trumped his and called police

If he files contempt, is it worth getting a lawyer?
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 01:15 PM

If he does file and you can afford it Id say get a lawyer and in your response ask for him to pay if he were to lose. That way he can learn a lesson and it might provide for relief later.
    msir Posts: 78, Reputation: -2

Jan 5, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Is it possible that it was his holiday.
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msir View Post
    is it possible that it was his holiday.

If it were to occur this way as the example the custodial parent is the one " granted " the holiday visitation.

The non-custodial parent would have to wait their turn till next standard visitation cycle.

Jan 6, 2009, 10:44 AM

Thanks cali. That's how I am going to write it to the court to make it a simple explanation in case he files for contempt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A holiday wish? [ 2 Answers ]

I received this as an email and wanted to share it, but maybe it should go under humor and comedy, or on the legal board, or under political issues and causes? What category would you place it in? Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best Wishes for an environmentally...

Violating Visitation and Supervised Visitation [ 5 Answers ]

Good afternoon all, I have read your site and its very informative so I joined I have a two part question and your advice is greatly appreciated. I have a 11mnth old baby boy and I am 30yrs old I left my sons father at the beginning of my pregnancy we dated for 31/2yrs he became abusive wheni told...

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

Holiday traditions [ 19 Answers ]

I'm going to be traveling with my son this weekend, and will be doing our gift exchange at some point during that time... It will be just the two of us exchanging gifts, so I'm feeling a little odd that it isn't a bigger family thing as far as the memories I will be making for him. He still...

Holiday pay [ 2 Answers ]

If someone asks for vacation, can the company deny the employee to use it on the day they request? Example: I will be out for maternity leave and before returning would like to use vacation time to extend the time I am home. Can the employeer say that they can't give out the vacation or let...

View more questions Search