Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Issy02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Long Story; Break Up, We Aren't Even Together
    I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. Sorry if it gets long. ;( It's kind of a rant.

I'm 24, and a prude (as my friends used to call me). I never wanted to date in high school because I felt it would be a waste of time (those relationships rarely last). I focused on school mostly, and then my career. I didn't really start actually dating until I was 21. I had one relationship where I never was truly intimate with the guy for about 1.5 years. We broke up after he cheated on me.

We broke up around the time I started working for my current company. I think I changed at this point because I felt like I was repressed from my previous relationship and I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and see some men. That and I didn't have school stressing me out any longer.

Anyway, the perfect opportunity came along with K. He worked with me, so we shared a common interest. He was very friendly. Soon I came to realize this was because he was interested in me (it took a while!). We started hanging out where we could, and I totally fell for him. He was protective, charming, passionate, and would do anything for me. He was the one I slept with for the first time at age 22. We saw each other for 9 months. We said I love you to each other.

Well, I came to find out he was married, and had a daughter. That probably hurt worse than being cheated on. I was the "other" woman and I didn't even know it.

I approached him about this, and he confessed that he wasn't happy in his marriage. His wife had a child from a previous marriage, so there was a battle of the daughters raging constantly in his home.

He said he wanted out of the marriage, but I wouldn't have a relationship with him while he was married. He wanted to change everything, though. The opportunity came along when our company decided to expand to a different state. I was already going. He explained to me that he would follow me, with a divorce in hand.

He did. Follow me, that is. A year had passed with all this happening. We moved to this new city for our company, and he began to ignore me. He was partying all the time and hanging out with people he didn't use to hang out with from work. Eventually I found out he slept with my own roommate. So I decided to let him go and move on.

I started seeing a new guy after a while, S. S and I hit it off really well, and began a full relationship.

K wouldn't let me go though. He began constantly calling me, flirting, and being suggestive. I just let him say whatever, and never responded for the sake of S - Even though it was hurting me. K's wife moved out to this new place too. And then I found out he was dating someone else from work. Every time I found out something new about K, it hurt me like he was cheating on me.

I confronted K about this new girl (due to his marriage thing), and he denied it to my face. Hurt. He eventually came clean, and then tried to pass it off as nothing, a fling. Hurt. He continued with the flirting and everything with me. I continued to ignore everything because I was involved with S. Hurt.

I admit, I wanted him back. I don't know if it was because he was the first guy I was intimate with, or because I really was in love with him. I finally had a big talk with K to ask him where I stood, and why he was continuing to lead me on. K broke down and told me how messed up he was, and that he didn't deserve me. "I don't want you to wait for me," he said crying. I said okay, and told him I would still be his friend. The conversation ended with him hanging up with me and calling up a girlfriend of his whom he spent the night with (another coworker of mine).

Hurt hurt hurt. I thought maybe if I eliminated K from my life I could move on. I moved in with S, changed my phone number.

By some fickle twist of whatever controls the world, I ended up a subordinate under K himself. More hurt. I saw him start a new relationship with a team member, who chose to flaunt it in my face. It became unbearable, and I asked to be removed from it lest it become a major HR issue.

I got promoted then (thank god!) and got my own team. K (since I was his employee, he got my new digits) began calling me and talking to me like it was before I knew he was married. I became horribly depressed, and S started to notice it.

I couldn't do that to S, so I cut K off again. K didn't accept it too well.

"I thought we were going to be friends. I can't rely on anyone. I don't deserve you. I am just going to leave you alone." He said all these things to me even though he continued to approach me and contact me any way he could. He even attempted suicide (not because of me, but I was the first one he called). This has gone on and on and on.

Finally, it came to a head three days ago. He approached me and S at a restaurant and got extremely offended when I wasn't more inviting than an short introduction to S. I got the nasty text messages accusing me of giving him dirty looks and talking behind his back.

"Goodbye. I'm going to leave you alone. Go to your boyfriend. Don't talk to me, I can't take it."

And it hurt so bad. I was crying all over the place and S couldn't figure out why. I decided it was best for me to cut K off completely for good this time. He appears to have gone crazy with all the personal issues he's dealing with. So I responded to his texts (he wouldn't answer my calls), and told him he could have his way. I would not talk to him anymore.

But he's at it again. Texting me. Calling me. Messaging me at work. Asking me if I love him, asking me if I care. Wanting to know if I will leave this city and move back to my home and leave him behind.

It is completely ripping me apart. It would be so easy to leave S and run back to K and be happy for maybe a day. I've been with S for a year and a half now, and it's a good relationship. But I still have these passionate, loving emotions and feelings for K. I *know* he is bad for me. I know it would be wrong to be with him because he is still married. I know he would cheat on me. I'm a prude; my head will always outweigh what my heart wants because that's how I am.

But I want him so bad. :( What the heck is wrong with me?? And why won't K leave me alone. :(
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 09:52 AM

What you want is to be able to change K. That would feel the fantasy... and it is a complete fantasy of becoming the one and only true woman of his life. For you it would be a concuring quest to know you got him away from his wife, and all the other girls he sleeps with and lets you know about.

You said this has already been an HR issue, and my question is why not take these texts to HR and point out that he's harassing you, and won't leave you alone?

Also, either commit to S or let him go, because he does not deserve to be the other guy, he did nothing wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Same old story---gf wants a break [ 19 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I have read a few posts on here and I think I can predict the jist of what you will all tell me. I was with a girl for 2.5 years and just moved in 6 months ago. She has seemed a little down for a couple months and told me she thought we may need a break. Prior to us...

Another Girlfriend wants to go on break story [ 17 Answers ]

My ex always says she loves me and cares about me. We have been together for about 10months, but we were friends for about a year before we started actually going out. Our relationship was great. She always expressed she is the happiest she has even been with me, I was the best boyfriend she ever...

Another Break Story [ 3 Answers ]

I guess there are a few of these out there already, but I might as well give mine, if nothing else because getting things written down seems to be therapeutic. My (ex?) and I have been together for about 3 years now, We are both 23 . The first year we went to the same college, before I transferred...

Another break-up story [ 1 Answers ]

I signed on to vent about this situation with my now ex-girlfriend, I felt like I needed some advice from people who have no idea who I am or the girl I used to be with. Here is the deal, we have been dating on and off for about three years and every time we have broken up it has been when I have...

Long story now what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok my girl friend and I have been together for 1.5 years. My girlfriend has been through a lot in her life, she was a rape baby( her mother was raped and had her ) she was an alcoholic at the age of 14. She smoked since she was 13 and she's had sex since she was 13. All her boyfriend before me used...

View more questions Search