Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unforgettable Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Parent's aren't getting along! Should my mother leave him?
    My mom and dad are constantly fighting over bills. My dad had a good job until he lost it. Now he's a handyman and bringing money home when he feels like it. Our rent is high and the bills are a lot. My mother is always living paycheck to paycheck and crying all the time over later bills and losing the house. But when my mom starts yelling at my dad to get money to pay the bills he flips and its getting worse. He leaves the house for awhile taking the money he made and barley pays bills. My mom just had surgery and lost 70 pounds she looks better than anything. Should my mother leave my dad.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Oct 30, 2007, 02:10 PM
    ?? No, she should quit yelling at him and support him in finding a better job
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Before she can consider leaving him she should consider things like can she afford to live independently without him or can she go somewhere where she can live and not worry about it like stay with her parents or her kids.
    She needs to consider and weigh all the pros and cons and all her options and 'what ifs?' and NOT just walk out without a well thought out plan.
    Maybe when she is recooped from her surgery she could look for a job too.
    Also I know many women that flip out on their husband because they want all kind of money to live above their means.
    I don't know if your mom is like that but she could try considering where she can cut back to help save money.
    I live on 1,000. A month and it amazes me how so many people wouldn't know how to survive on less than $30,000. AFTER they pay all their bills.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Oct 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Ah! And another thing, children should not get involved in their parents relationships
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 10:22 AM
    cerisa is right I have seen many relatives/friends get into others relationships and then the couple works it out and then they BOTH turn on the one that 'took a side and tried to help'.
    The most you really can do if she is considering leaving is tell her to think through all her options and what if's before making any major decisions.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cerisa
    Ah! and another thing, children should not get involved in thier parents relationships
    This is absolutely correct advice.

I'm going to throw a curve ball at you...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ex-146770.html

What if you end up pregnant? Who is going to pay for that baby? You think there are problems now? Just wait till you come home and have to tell your parents that you are going to have a baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to sing but don't know about parent's approval [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 13-year-old girl that is aspiring to become a singer. I don't necessarily want to start a career right now, but there is this company that I had in mind. I was thinking of auditioning for that company because the audition fee is free and if I get in, they will give me free professional...

Mother-In-Law won't leave [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I allowed my mother-in-law to move in with us because she was undergoing chemo. She has since stopped receiving chemo and is interfering in all aspects of our marriage. My wife refuses to confront her. I am the sole owner of the house. She does not pay rent, nor have I ever...

Any alienated parent's out there? [ 2 Answers ]

Please read my Oct 4 post "Parental Alienation". I am looking for anyone out there who has experienced this and can share with me how you were able to put your life back together and move on. The heartache is killing me...

My mother passed away and didn't leave a will [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away this year and she did not have a will. She was living with me for the last 2 years of her life, but she has a piece of property that she and my dad owned. My mother never gained a "clear title" to the property. She purchased the land and trailer from the owner about 20 years...

Mother wanting to leave area [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we currently live in richmond, va I am a father with joint custody of our 7 year old child. My daughter mother has physical custody and her primarily residence is at her mothers. I have my child 3 days and two nights out the week. She is doing really well and school. My ex- is telling...

View more questions Search