Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lehh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Mother wanting to leave area
    Hi, we currently live in richmond, va

I am a father with joint custody of our 7 year old child. My daughter mother has physical custody and her primarily residence is at her mothers.

I have my child 3 days and two nights out the week. She is doing really well and school.

My ex- is telling me she wants to leave the area and I can have her for the summer and holidays. I love my child to death and do not want to miss any part of her growing up.

Is my ex- allow to take our child out of the child birth state if I don't agree. Is there any thing she can do to make that happen?

I can I stop this situation?

I know the judge will find what's in the best interest for the child?

So how can I convince court staying in va is the besat interest for the child until she gets older?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lehh
    is my ex- allow to take our child out of the child birth state if i don't agree.
    Hello lehh:

Nope. You ought to be able to stop her.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
    First your child custody agreement should already state if she is allowed to move without court permission, if there is no rule on it in the child custody agreement then she is not restricted.

So if there is no restriction, you need to go back to court and get it added before she moves

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Mother has died and now Grandfather is wanting us out [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died recently and her and my grandfather are one the deed. Well at my mothers funeral he informed me and my husband that he wanted us out in 60 days. So after a couple days I said that I would not be able to pay rent save money and keep the bills running. I just found out today that he...

Wanting to file for divorce and leave state [ 1 Answers ]

I was married in Arkansas in June 2006 and have lived with my spouse in Memphis as Tennessee resident since then. Due to irreconcilable differences, I have decided to file for divorce. I also plan to move back to California within the next few weeks. I have very-little money of my own and I...

Guinea pig issue [ 8 Answers ]

I would like your opinion please read and let me know what you think Most of you know me and I am always talking about my guinea pig rescue or my pets or my daughter, well recently, we took part in a huge rescue, I will post the article so if you all wanted to read it you could A seizure of...

View more questions Search