Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barb1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 04:11 PM
    On 24 volt transformer which terminal is ground?
    I'm replacing the control on my furnace. The new control has two extra terminals marked 24V and 24V GND . I looked at the Transformer(load side) which has a black wire under the screw marked 12VA and the white wire under the screw marked 24 Volt. Are either of these wires 24V GND?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 07:32 AM

Usually ground is not part of the circuit and the Line and Load are isolated from ground, Ground is usually good when it is bolted to the metal chassis.
    12 VA seems light, Was the old one 40 VA or other?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need wiring diagram for 12 volt transformer [ 5 Answers ]

Low voltage chandelier (Lite Source) quit working. Electrician said the transformer was not functioning. Ordered new transformer (Wang House model WH2101S), which came with no wiring instructions. The vendor has been less than helpful. My contractor cannot get it to work, he has not wired with a...

480 volt transformer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, We are moving into a warehouse that has a 480 volt transformer. The transformer is located on the other side of our office wall. I'm wondering if there's any danger of radiation being so close to it. Thank you.

Carrier air handler 24 volt transformer. [ 15 Answers ]

Last week my air handler quit working, I found that the 5AMP fuse for the secondary 24volt pwr supply was blown, replace and all worked fine for a week. Now I find it blown again, but each time I relace it it blows, The voltage reading I get at the fuse is 29.5 V is that to high? The transformer...

Air Conditioning 24 Volt Transformer Connection [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: I have a two story addition on my house built by the previous owner. There is one thermostat upstairs and one thermostat downstairs. The system directs air to the downstairs through a damper. The upstairs thermostat controls the temperature and the downstairs one appears only to turn on a...

Wiring 12 volt transformer [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed some 12 volt miniature lights in home. I have them working now but began wondering about how I have the 12 volt transformer wired. The lights are on a switch and I have the transformer in the line before the switch. Thus I have power at the transformer all the time. Is...

View more questions Search