Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimeg22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Fingerprinting clearance pending court disposition
    I recently was fingerprinted because I am studying to become an elementary school teacher. I received a letter from the state saying that I have pending court charges surrounding charges I received almost 8 years ago which I had been told would be sealed. The letter states that "the final court dispositions were not reported by the court to the state repository". Will this stop me from being cleared? If it is the courts mistake, would the state education department be able to hold this against me now?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 02:01 PM

It appears it has stopped you from being cleared.

I would get an Attorney and get this cleared up now.

Certain information shows up on a background check. People fail background checks based on sealed records, depending on the type of license.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 02:42 PM

What were you charged with, only certain offsenses will prevent you from being eligible for employment. Not sure where you are but in Illinois the state certification board has nothing to do with this. Indidvidual school districts will require inger printing/back ground check after they have decided to offer you a position.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    What were you charged with, only certain offsenses will prevent you from being eligible for employment. Not sure where you are but in Illinois the state certification board has nothing to do with this. Indidvidual school districts will require inger printing/back ground check after they have decided to offer you a position.

Can you get a Teaching Certificate in Illinois with a record and then the individual districts make a determination?

In NY - and I realize OP is probably not in NY - first you have to pass the clearance for a Teaching Certificate and then the rest follows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I went through the fingerprinting, court for "theft under $5000 "(ontario, CA) [ 36 Answers ]

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION, BUT A PLACE SOME PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO REFER TO TO ANSWER THEIR OWN QUESTIONS SINCE IM NOT SURE WHERE ELSE I SHOULD POST THIS All right guys so I'm fron ontario, canada and just wanted to share my experience I stole from and HBC store, about $10 worth. I was leaving the...

What steps to take regarding credit card court date pending [ 3 Answers ]

I received a court date notice for credit card debt. I have been told by other co-workers that the company I work for has dismissed people in pass for wage garnishments because of the hassle payroll has to go through. Is there something I can do to intercept this process? deemorris54:confused:

Appeal in Civil Court-can they levy accounts while pending [ 6 Answers ]

I asked this in another post but it got buried in between my other questions... If I receive a judgment against me in civil court, and appeal that same day, is the collection agency able to immediately levy my bank accounts, even while the case is under appeal? I am terrified of my bank...

Fathers visits were cancelled pending dads return to court [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering, if anyone has any answers that can help. If a fathers visitations were stopped PENDING dad coming back to court,( dad was the one that requested the order to begin with to get MORE visitations/custody with his daughter),( but was unable to make it to court) AND if dad was...

Probation court case pending [ 6 Answers ]

There is suppose to be a hearing on the east coast, about the validity Of probation on cases where probation is not mentioned in the charges. Is this case really in the court?

View more questions Search