Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandigermany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 07:39 PM
    How do I get the biological father to sign over his leagal rights?
    I have two children, oldest 11 and youngest 5. Their biological father has not had no form of contact with them in over 3 years. We were never married, and my oldest I didn't put his name on the birth certificate. The youngest has his last name and he signed the birth certificate. He pays about $200 a month in child support about 2 months out of the year. We have no idea where he is, the Attorney General says that I have to get a address for them to find him. I have no contact with his family, therefore I can't get a location on him. I am getting married next spring, my fiancé would like to adopt them eventually. I', at a loss and don't know what to do. I don't want his money, and he does not seem to care for them or he would call, write, send a message by someone, or come by. I don't think that he should be able to come and see them or have rights to them when they don't even know him. Is there anything that could make him sign his rights over for neglect or abandoment? Please help!
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 08:23 PM

Please read some of the other threads on the same topic!! We answer the same question over and over again. Bottom line you can't force him to sign over his rights period. You can go to court and have the child support enforced. Then after you have been married for the length of time required by your state for your husband to even be able to consider adoption you can get ahold of their bio dad and ask him to allow the adoption and tell him that by doing so he will no longer owe current support payments (that usually gives them a little incentive).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my daughter's biological father to sign over his rights? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 13 month old child with a guy who does not deny she is his but has never seen her or given me a dime. Im getting married for the first time to a great guy and he wants to adopt her. How can I get him to sign to over rights her father does not want to but also does not want to give me any...

Can I as a non biological father get any visitation rights? [ 1 Answers ]

I was one of three possabilitys of being my daughters father! I thought she was mine since the mother had got pregnant. Even after she was born I believed so! The mother and I were not togeather but her and the baby lived with me and I bought the diapers, formula, baby food, everything. During...

Non-biological father rights [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: My nephew,20 yrs.old< started dating a girl who was 7 months pregnant.she was arrested and was in the county jail when she went into labor.They took her to the hospital where my nephew went with her.He ended up cutting the cord and all and then signed the birth cerificate as the father....

Does a non-biological father have rights? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is now 7yrs old and she has never seen her biological father. I've been married for 4yrs now and my husband has been raising my daughter since she was 2yrs old. She really only knows him as her father, she calls him dad. She has a 3yr old sister from this marriage, basically we're a...

Do I have rights with my biological father [ 9 Answers ]

This is a very long story. Basically, I found out when I was 30 that the man who raised me was not my biological father. He loved me as his own and he is (was, passed away when 16) my Dad and Father. However, my entire family knew about this including my deceased father. My bio-father was my...

View more questions Search