Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucasjones707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Can I as a non biological father get any visitation rights?
    I was one of three possabilitys of being my daughters father! I thought she was mine since the mother had got pregnant. Even after she was born I believed so! The mother and I were not togeather but her and the baby lived with me and I bought the diapers, formula, baby food, everything. During this time I was waiting for the paternity results too come back. These took four months. In this time I fell in love with my baby colie joe and she fell in love with me. Her first word was calling me da da. By the time I got the results back that me being the father was negative it did not matter for by this time I could not possibly love this child more if she were mine. The mother was on drugs and so I was mom and dad for months. Then it came too a time that I needed too better my situation for the baby and me I brought her to her mother parents to watch over her while I did so. Since then 3 months ago I have only been able too see her once because I droped by unanounced with baby books, cloths, blankets, etc. There has not been a day that has gone by that I do not call too see how she is doing but the grandparents will not return my phone calls. This baby deserves a father and I also have permision too see her from her mother who still has legal guardianship. My final question is can I get at least visitation rights? And I do not break any laws what so ever so they have no reason what so ever too deny me of seeing her. I would think the more people too love the child the better!

Sincerely: Lucas R. Jones
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 07:59 PM

No, you have no legal right to see the child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get rights taken from my sons biological father [ 4 Answers ]

What do I need to do to get rights taken away from my sons biological father, whom has not even made an effort to c him for about 9 months now?

Non-biological father rights [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: My nephew,20 yrs.old< started dating a girl who was 7 months pregnant.she was arrested and was in the county jail when she went into labor.They took her to the hospital where my nephew went with her.He ended up cutting the cord and all and then signed the birth cerificate as the father....

Does a non-biological father have any parental rights? [ 3 Answers ]

I divorced my Ex (second husband) while pregnant. I remarried my first husband and he has raised my daughter (now 2-1/2 years old) since birth but my Ex (her biological father) is in the picture with visitation rights. My husband and I have 3 older children together. My daughter loves my husband...

Does a non-biological father have rights? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is now 7yrs old and she has never seen her biological father. I've been married for 4yrs now and my husband has been raising my daughter since she was 2yrs old. She really only knows him as her father, she calls him dad. She has a 3yr old sister from this marriage, basically we're a...

Do I have rights with my biological father [ 9 Answers ]

This is a very long story. Basically, I found out when I was 30 that the man who raised me was not my biological father. He loved me as his own and he is (was, passed away when 16) my Dad and Father. However, my entire family knew about this including my deceased father. My bio-father was my...

View more questions Search