Ask
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2009, 11:56 PM

That's very great news.
    Keep up the good work!
    CanIBuyAClue Posts: 144, Reputation: 39

Dec 15, 2009, 10:12 PM

Just another quick boring update! So things have been going really well lately. I haven't spoken to the ex in forever... seems like 4-5 months? I don't even know. Whenever there are meetings involving other different locations I have been successful at totally avoiding her (I don't want to see her or hear her -- she's dead to me). She tends to try to call me for help with stuff about once every 2-3 weeks and I just ignore the calls. There are plenty of other people in my organization who can offer her help, so why she feels the need to call and ask me I have no idea. Her life was worse off with me in the picture apparently remember..

Work has been going really well, and I've been getting acknowledged for how well I've been producing in a few different areas. Last month was a pretty good commission bonus month, and I've made around $5 G's trading in the stock market over the past couple months which is awesome. Oh yeah... and I bought a hot new sports car / luxury sedan and love it!! Everybody I work with is completely envious of me for it haha :) . I think I'm getting to the point now where I'll be out looking for dates again too. So yeah, in a nutshell... life is good.
    bjohnrupp Posts: 293, Reputation: 32

Dec 15, 2009, 10:42 PM

Hey Clue- that's great man. Happy to hear about your job and the car. You two broke up the same time as me and my ex so were in the same time frame as far as healing. Like you I'm ready to start dating again... hey man both our ex'es lost out. Yea my ex also contacts me every 2-3 weeks- its like clock work haha. I guess they don't want us to forget about them. Lol
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:29 AM

Fantastic! I want a hot new sports car... but I'm about to put a down payment on my own house! It's amazing how much money you can save when you only need to spend it on yourself and various essentials.
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:44 AM

Good on you! The past is the past and now you can look forward to your own great future. Happy dating!

Dec 16, 2009, 09:53 PM

Bjohn - yeah it's funny... when we were together I recommended she get a position like the one she took a few months ago (I'm sure her MOM recommended it this time, so now it makes sense... ) and I would constantly explain and give her help on things. Where did that get me? Her saying that I needed to be with somebody who is interested in that stuff -- When I only explained it to her because she constantly moaned about not understanding it! Lol. Now it's totally ironic that she needs help and will still try calling me at work. Do I have doormat tattooed across my forehead or something? :) Does she not realize there are like 50 other people who do my same job that she could call? It's funny one of my other friends at work tells me she always calls her for the help after I don't respond. Yeesh... she was the one who wanted me out of her life, I'm just trying to oblige. Yeah, they may not realize dumping us was a huge mistake, but they will eventually. I'm just going to keep on rocking and not concern myself with it.

Jmw - Congrats on the house down payment. I've held off on buying a house until I know what city I want to settle in, that's my next step I think... Yeah, isn't it amazing how much money you save? I'm pretty thrifty in general and wise with my money. I was saving up money to get her through her final 2-3 years of college, and a trip for both of us to Europe. There was something very satisfying about putting a little chunk of that money towards a HOT new car for MYSELF! Lol.

Jan 15, 2010, 09:20 PM

Just giving my monthly update. I definitely only come here now to stop other people from making stupid mistakes and falling for ex's antics. :D

Gymnasion has been on. I've switched gears and am no longer cutting down, I'm shifting into beast mode now and bulking up, and feeling and looking great in that regard. I had an interview for a management position but another candidate was chosen. It's what I expected; they had been with the company six years longer than me. After all, it wouldn't have been fair for me to come in as a fresh faced college grad as a peon entry level worker to a management position in a little over two years. I feel good that I got an interview.

It was really funny, I wear nice suits to my interviews, it's what I do... so I was looking sharp. I happened to be interviewing in the building where the ex now works (on several different floors from where I would be working). The second I walked in the building, every single 20-something girl in the building had their eyes trained on me. Talk about a confidence booster! :D
    Not surprisingly the next day I get an email from guess who about something work related that I had helped a client with. It seemed to be right on cue... a few weeks after she last tried calling me at work. Once again, I did not even acknowledge or send a response. I browsed it quickly to see if it was anything serious work related that required a response and then deleted. Ahh how you can go from emailing all the time in a joyful, joking and loving way while together to not even wanting to get an email from that person. It's funny because it more or less just made me mad that she contacted me at all. She wanted me out of her life, why can she not just give me that? I swear she does it just to try to get back into my head in some regard. It gave me great motivation for the gym that night. All in all, things are good though. Still not dating at all, but I'm keeping my eyes open to it, but it will happen when it happens and I'm not in a rush.

It has been kind of funny, because this really hot girl (who also works for the company I do - E gads, I know not again!) who has a BF that's way older than her is always pretty flirty / teasing with me. I had hung out with her as a friend only a handful of times around or a little before my ex and I got together. She'll occasionally ask me if I'm back with my said ex yet, and seems to take an interest if I have any secret girlfriends or anything lol. I get the feeling that she is interested, which is a total bummer because I would be all over it if there was not a boyfriend in the picture - at which point my morals do not allow me to do anything. So what it becomes is a big confidence booster for me and a way to help me move on. Life is good people... life is good.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 01:23 AM

Hey Clue-you're doing great!
    And I enjoy reading the advice you give others here.
    Well done you! :-)

Feb 2, 2010, 04:38 PM

Slowly but surely continuing to heal. I've managed to avoid seeing her and have ignored all of her calls at work for a good amount of time now. I've gotten to the point where I can go hours on end now without her popping up in my mind at all. It still kind of irritates me that I will think about her from time to time, as I don't feel I should now that I'm like 5-6 months into NC. It was funny the other day though because her older sibling came in to where I work and had me help her out with something and I got to talk to her for a little bit. Just on how it was good to see me, what I've been up to, and just stuff about her husband / kids, etc... did not ask anything about you know who. She had always approved and liked me, and it fed my ego a little bit when she mentioned how in-shape and buff I looked :)

Aside from that though, not a whole lot new on the dating front. I'm keeping my eyes open, but more or less I'm just enjoying "getting the eye" right now, as I still feel I have some baggage and mistrust of women in general right now to pursue anything past friends.
    pureorganic Posts: 46, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2010, 12:51 PM

Dude this chicks a hypocrite... sleeeping around with you then saying she needs to put god first? This chick needs to take the mote out of her own eye before she starts railing on you about stuff... I say move on dude and NC. Your in a dead end road man.

Feb 4, 2010, 09:58 PM

Yeah it was an up and down roller coaster at times. She would occasionally have these "flare ups" about not wanting to have sex due to religious reasons (most likely from pressure from her parents). Which was fine by me, I'm like I enjoy other things about you than sex so it wasn't a huge deal for me giving it up. But then she would be the one to re-initiate it even after I'd ask her multiple times if she REALLY wanted to. In the end I feel like she ended up blaming me for "tempting her" with sex (yeah... apparently I'm that irresistible *rolls eyes* :)... ). I stopped a long time ago wondering why she did what she did. As somebody else stated way back in this thread I'm thinking her parent's meddling and the religious aspect of it was just part of her leaving. I think she just got comfortable with me and bored / whatever you want to call it. We were around each other all the time, and no matter how amazing somebody is everybody needs there alone time. When I started trying to have some alone time she saw that as me ignoring her and taking her for granted.

She was incredibly easily swayed by her parent's and friends input, and that definitely played a role in her leaving me. A couple of her friends (the really religious ones) thought that she should date around more often than just being in a serious relationship, and sleeping at each other's places every night. I just find it funny how everybody that works with the both of us tell me how I'm so much better off now lol. But like I said, whatever... what she does is not my concern. I wish her the best and really don't care if she's dating anybody new (I'd rather NOT see it of course), I know that I'm a hell of a catch for anybody - so best of luck replacing all I have to offer.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 03:11 AM

Keep those spirits high. I understand how you feel. I am Christian myself but who cares. You guys shared something and it was special. I can't believe she would just leave that. Good luck to her trying to find something good. Just keep trying your best and your best will soon come. I wish you the best. All I know is that staying busy is the best way. I am doing great but only because I stay very busy! The people here give great advice and I followed all of it. Hang in there. I hope I can heal 100% but I'm almost there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex girlfriend is confusing me? [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, I'll just start this from the beginning. I have been dating a girl for a little over two years until just a few months ago. She said that she just wanted to take a break for a while and not be tied down by anything. She isn't sleeping around and hasn't even had sex with anyone else. She...

Ex girlfriend confusing me [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my ex girlfriend broke up 5 months ago. Ever since our break up she's being contacting me. The longest we've being without contacting each other is 10 days back in April. Around May she wanted to work things out slowly,she told me she loved me and that she missed me like crazy. She even...

Confusing girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

What do you do if like your girlfiend tells you that she cheated on you atlest 3 times and that she had sex with him behind your back but now she tells you that she loves you but that she might be pregnant because of her ex boyfriend and now she wants to have a closer relationship wit you what do...

My girlfriend is confusing [ 10 Answers ]

Hey everyone... heres my situation... I got a girlfriend last Wednesday... on valentines day... We are both shy... but we have kissed and cuddled and all that, But just today... she kind of blows me off... like she's fine when were alone... at her house and stuff,, but once she's around...

View more questions Search