Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 15, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    ... FYI, Crendo is a valued member of this site, too.
    Thanks MS ! I note that the "intolerance brigade" rears it's ugly head here again...

:D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Bye bye to you too .... till your next post !

And may God bless
    -

Jun 15, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    And may God bless
    Thanks!

Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2008, 09:29 AM
    *Discussing* involves differing opinions being offered. Why do some people immediately take an attitude about everything that doesn't agree with their opinions? Why do some people have to have opposing opinions stated with a huge dose of patting another with an different opinion on the head like they are a puppy. One can simply state their opinion in simple straightforward words... like: it was an unrealistic question, nonsense. The discussion can go on from there.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 02:59 PM
    "your right" , "aways" : what gibberish is that?

And we're the intolerance bregade?

:rolleyes:
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    *Discussing* involves differing opinions being offered. Why do some people immediately take an attitude about everything that doesn't agree with their opinions?? Why do some people have to have opposing opinions stated with a huge dose of patting another with an different opinion on the head like they are a puppy. One can simply state their opinion in simple straightforward words....like: it was an unrealistic question, nonsense. The discussion can go on from there.
    How true, Choux !

;)
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 01:37 AM
    "your right" , "aways" : what gibberish is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    And we're the intolerance bregade?
    That is a non-answer... and please note that "bregade" is also gibberish !

starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 01:47 AM
    That is a non-answer ... and please note that "bregade" is also gibberish !

I promised I would not come back, but if you are the spelling Police, I would check out one of your earlier posts! Is "Specially" a word Cred? I would check your dictionary for that one my dear. What is wrong with you? This really does float your boat doesn't it!! Do you really feel the need to be a bully again? Just in case you didn't understand that, it was a rhetorical question. More Jabberwocky nonsense!
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    I promised I would not come back, but if you are the spelling Police, I would check out one of your earlier posts!
    No I am not the spelling police. But if someone almost misspells each second word in his or her post, there is nothing against drawing some attention to that!

Note that I realize very well that I too make spelling mistakes (we all do), but I have to smile that you had to go back that far before finding one made by me : not bad at all for someone for whom English is only his third language!!

:D :D :D :D :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 02:47 AM
    What exactly is your problem? I did not have to go back to remember that you spelled that word wrong. I noticed it when you wrote it! I do in fact have better and more important things to attend to, than to keep up this ridiculous banter on Bushg's thread.

I don't think that anyone on this site doesn't make the occasional spelling error, but is that a reason to point it out, just to make your point, and try and make someone else appear to be stupid or illiterate? If that is what you want to do, go into some of the teen threads where their language doesn't have a semblance of any language. Go correct their spelling errors!

FYI (in case you don't understand the lingo, that means "for your information") I am a woman, and will not put up with verbal abuse from you or anyone else. You are trying to play silly games over what started to be a "quote" from an Author. If you want a good argument, ask who wrote the book that Bushg got this from and go and bother him with your nonsensical words.

English just happens to be my first language, by the way! I do speak other languages, but I won't say what I would like to say in any of those. How many times do people have to say... shooo fly, don't bother me?!

This is Bushg's thread, and I believe she has the right to her questions. If you don't agree, then move on and let others answer the original question. You've given your opinion! Go find another playpen!
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 04:11 AM
    What exactly is your problem?
    It is more appropriate to ask YOU what is YOUR problem ?
    Repeatedly you promise not to come back, but minutes later there you are again and again and again with comments and complaints that have nothing to do with the lead question.

I am a woman..
    Total irrelevant point. Has nothing to do with your aggressive behaviour here!

... and will not put up with verbal abuse from you or anyone else.
    And neither will I, so keep to the topic, and leave others to their opinion. If my comment that the provided choice makes no sense and is therefore without any value bothers you, than just ignore me. By waffling on like you do already a couple of days, it is you who puts up the verbal abuse, and not I.

May I suggest you reduce your coffee intake and calm down a little bit ?

:D :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :D
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 09:19 AM
    It's all clear now Cred. You say that English is your third language, well now I
    Know why you don't understand the question. So sorry, I didn't realize that it
    Wasn't a matter of being pig headed, but a lack of understanding on your part, I
    Do apologize. Had you just told us from the start that you're having trouble
    Understanding the question and the answers then we could have tried to write it
    In a way you'd understand. I really wish we had been made aware of this before
    We all started to argue, but I can't know what you don't tell. Now that I do know
    I'll make allowances in the future.

Oh, and sorry for the spelling mistake. Please feel free to go back and edit the
    Rest of my posts, always willing to see where I went wrong. :)

Oh, just fyi, English isn't my first language either, but I have been speaking it
    For most of my life. You're doing really well writing and answering in English,
    But sometimes positioning of certain words, and figuring out what the speaker,
    Or in this case, writer is trying to say, takes a while longer, keep at it, you'll
    Be fluent in no time. :)
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 03:50 PM
    It's all clear now Cred. You say that English is your third language, well now I know why you don't understand the question.
    But dear Altenweg : I understand the question you posted properly. The only problem with it is that the question you posted - being a copy of the one in the book you referred to - makes no sense to anyone using even the most basic format of logic in his/her thinking.
    It does not pose a real choice. The provided answers A and B are not of equal value nor validity.

That also may be the reason for so many negative responses by theists on my pointing out of the major flaw in the question. May be that resulted from theists lacking logical approach and realistic thinking, as they base their lives on hot air wild claims which evolved over time from myths and fears.

Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 16, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Cred,
    It's a question, it'd not that's its illogical, it that she wanted our oppinions, I don't get why you made such a huge deal about it, you and alt argued for pages and pages because (if I am understanding thhis right) you didn't think it was good question. Come on, it's a question not a logic theisis, she read it in a book and wanted to know what people thought, and you made such a huge deal, I don't get you. You made a huge deal out of nothing. OK OK, whatever
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 04:02 PM
    But dear Altenweg : I understand the question you posted properly. The only problem with it is that the question you posted - being a copy of the one in the book you referred to - makes no sense to anyone using even the most basic format of logic in his/her thinking.
    It does not pose a real choice. The provided answers A and B are not of equal value nor validity.

That also may be the reason for so many negative responses by theists on my pointing out of the major flaw in the question. May be that resulted from theists lacking logical approach and realistic thinking, as they base their lives on hot air wild claims which evolved over time from myths and fears.

Cred, I didn't post the question, Bushg did, I don't even know the title of the book, I haven't read it. Or did you no read that properly either?

All I did is respond, A, that's my choice, there's only two choices, A or B, what's the problem?

Your disagreement isn't logical, your argument is ridiculous. The fact remains, it's a quote from a book, you don't have to agree with the wording, but to pick it apart here is ridiculous, as there's nothing that we can do to change the way it's worded, it's a quote. I suggest that if you have a problem with the wording that you write to the author, tell him what you are upset about, ask if he can personally change the wording so that you can be happy and rest in peace. Somehow, I don't think he'd do that, in fact, I'd love to hear what he has to say if you decide to contact him, oh to be a fly on the wall that day.

Cred, did you ever think that maybe so many people have a problem with your posts because you are full of hot air? Ah, I think we might have found the problem. :)
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Cred, I didn't post the question, Bushg did,
    That is correct, I knew that, and stand corrected on that point.
    But you did not "just respond". You attacked my criticizing of the question, a question that is basically flawed, and that deserved my criticism to the fullest.

:rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
    If you want to criticize, then go after the right person, that would be the author, not Bushg. The author wrote the book, he wrote that question and the possible answers, it is a direct quote from the book, therefore, the only person that should be criticized is the author. I do find it telling that only you and Choux had a problem with the wording of this question, everyone else seemed to get it.

I attacked? Nope, I defended Bushg's right to quote a book and not be attacked, which is what you did.

If you want to continue this discussion, why not start your own thread, that way, you can ask people what they think of the way this question was written. Who knows, maybe some people will agree with you. That's the way to go, or write the author, hmmm, two choices, which will it be, not hard to choose, unless of course you find that my wording is incorrect? :)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I read a book/books about a man that claimed he has conversations with God.
    So that is why I am putting this in the religious section. He asked his readers if they had to choose, which would they prefer to see or be most comfortable with seeing outside in the streets.
    A. people making love to each other
    or
    B. people killing each other.

Which would you prefer?
    Depends who it is I see when I look out on the streets!! :D

You all need a chill pill! I think bushg handled this silliness best.. Anyone notice how??
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Depends who it is i see when i look out on the streets!!! :D

You all need a chill pill!! I think bushg handled this silliness best.. Anyone notice how???

I do agree Skell, I shouldn't have let it get to me and kept my promise not to respond. I should have done that long ago, but sadly, I cannot back down when someone is rude and wrong. You don't have to agree with me, and I'm not saying the Cred has to agree with me, just attack the right person already, the author. Jeesh, this has gone too far, and I think it's time for me to bow out, it's like beating a dead horse, and I'm done.

Fine Cred, you win, not because I think you're right, but because I don't want to fight anymore, it's pointless, nothing I say gets through anyway.

Good luck in all you do, take care. Let's enjoy AMHD and all the wonderful people with their many different opinions.

Alty out. :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 04:32 PM
    I do agree Skell, I shouldn't have let it get to me and kept my promise not to respond. I should have done that long ago, but sadly, I cannot back down when someone is rude and wrong. You don't have to agree with me, and I'm not saying the Cred has to agree with me, just attack the right person already, the author. Jeesh, this has gone too far, and I think it's time for me to bow out, it's like beating a dead horse, and I'm done.

Fine Cred, you win, not because I think youre right, but because I don't want to fight anymore, it's pointless, nothing I say gets through anyway.

Good luck in all you do, take care. Let's enjoy AMHD and all the wonderful people with their many different opinions.

Alty out. :)
    I totally agree! Well said, and this needs to stop!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making Love [ 1 Answers ]

OK one more for today.. Bragging A Frenchman and an Italian were seated next to an American on an overseas flight. After a few cocktails, the men began discussing their home lives. "Last night I made love to my wife four times," the Frenchman bragged, "And this morning she made me delicious...

When do you stop fighting for someone you love so much it hurts to breathe [ 2 Answers ]

When do you stop 'fighting' for someone you love? How do you know when to give up? I am so much in love with a gentleman, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me, he's perfect (for me). I love him so very much. And he tells me at times that he misses me and still loves me, even when...

Love making after pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

My wife recently gave birth three weeks ago. How long should I wait before we start making love. Her birth was a normal birth??

Painfull love making [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year but have been together for some time. Im a small lady and he is quite a big built man and as a result of it has quite a large penis. Sometime when we make love he really hurts me and I don't quite know what to do about it as can become really...

I love her but can't have her and its killing me [ 4 Answers ]

Hi About a month ago I broke up with my girlfriend, she took it very badly to begin with and accidentally smashed my car window in a fit of rage. It was such a scary night, she ran off into the woods and stuff and I thought she was going to kill one of us. This break followed about 2 months of...

View more questions Search