Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Making love or fighting & killing.
    I read a book/books about a man that claimed he has conversations with God.
    So that is why I am putting this in the religious section. He asked his readers if they had to choose, which would they prefer to see or be most comfortable with seeing outside in the streets.
    A. people making love to each other
    Or
    B. people killing each other.

Which would you prefer?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Definitely people making love to each other, it's a natural beautiful act, although better done behind closed doors, I'd still rather that then people killing each other.

I would however have to cover my kids eyes, not ready to have the entire "sex talk" yet. ;)
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 08:18 AM
    God help anyone who would answer B.

I will stick with A thank you.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 13, 2008, 08:30 AM
    OK I'll admit it I am a little of a prude, but if I had to choose one I'd choose it would be A. now why would anyone want to see people killing each other?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 14, 2008, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I read a book/books about a man that claimed he has conversations with God. So that is why I am putting this in the religious section. He asked his readers if they had to choose which would they prefer to see or be most comfortable with seeing outside in the streets. A. people making love to each other or B. people killing each other. Which would you prefer?
    You did not specify other background information that could influence the approach to an answer to this question.
    Excluding the situation in which the community the person - who is asked to answer lives in - is under deep stress and under threat of being attacked and destroyed (so where self-defensive is required), each person here will answer possibility A, that people make love to each other .

But actually that answer is just as illogical and objectionable as answer B, as making love to all people around you is also not a realistic option.
    Keeping to my own position half of the people who live around me are males, and I have no need or wish to make love to males. Also I feel no need to make love to the majority of women. I have a very good woman as permanent mate, but occasionally meet another woman who by her presence and approach activates hormones in my body that remind me that males are natural "hunters" in all aspects of life.

The question should have been : A. people who love each other, or B. people killing each other.
    If it was asked that way, my reply would be A.

:D
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Cred
    I asked the question as the author of the book asked it.

Plain and simple. Which would you rather see, not which you would rather engage in.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:14 PM
    It is a totally ridiculous question except in times of the total destruction of civilization!

NEITHER, thank you. :)
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Wow, you all are taking this a bit too seriously, it's a question, with only two
    Very specific answers, one or the other, which will it be? It's really not
    Difficult to decide based on the way the question is phrased and the answers
    That are available. It's a no brainer really. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Rather not see either but at least the naked people can both be arrested and no innocent person is hurt.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Lol fr.. love it
    -

Jun 14, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Cred : I asked the question as the author of the book asked it. Plain and simple. Which would you rather see, not which you would rather engage in.
    The problem with that approach is : why do you repeat a question by someone else, if that question is meaningless and/or irrelevant because of it's incorrect wording ?

:rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Credendovidis, it's called freedom of speech and freedom of the press etc. etc.
    It may be irrelevant to you, but obviously it wasn't to the author. The fact of the
    Matter is that this is the way the author wrote it, and this is the question that he/she
    Has put forth. You don't have to answer, that's up to you, as you also have freedom
    Of speech, nes pas?
    -

Jun 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Credendovidis, it's called freedom of speech and freedom of the press etc. etc.
    The laws of the US republic are not relevant in this discussion.
    My point is that the question is meaningless because of it's incorrect wording.
    One may of course post meaningless questions.
    But I may of course just as well also post my response in which I explain why such questions are meaningless...

Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Cred, If I had wanted an input on the wording, I would have pm'd you. Why must you try to control every thread (nah don't answer). Bye, Go away, shoo.
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Well Credendovidis, I don't live in the US either, but I still covet my right
    To say what I feel and think, because that is a human right. You are in fact
    Using your freedom of speech at this very moment, so I think you may agree
    With that.

And yes, you do have the right to state your opinion about the question, you also
    Have the right to not respond if you find the question or post to be silly or not relevant
    To you or your life.

How is the wording incorrect, it's pretty cut and dry, black and white, choose one
    Or the other, or choose to abstain from choosing, it's not hard dear, you're just making
    It hard. I guess I'm making it hard too by getting into this discussion with you.

We agree to disagree, obviously. What you choose is your choice, and your opinion,
    As it is also my choice and opinion what I choose. So be it. :)

I have not changed my choice, make love not war, so definitely A. :)
    -

Jun 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Cred, If I had wanted an input on the wording, I would have pm'd you. Why must you try to control every thread (nah don't answer). Bye, Go away, shoo.
    What a laughable and silly comment that is!!
    Next time you post a question do not forget to state that you only like to receive supporting comments... LOL

Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Yep, your right, your aways right support me or go away:D
    -

Jun 14, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Well Credendovidis, I don't live in the US either
    Lucky you too ! :)
    Once more : the point is that the question is meaningless as it is.
    Whoever likes to reply as per the original question : just go ahead.
    And for those who prefer to post their opinion based on a serious format of a moral or ethical approach, just include whatever you think of the question in your reply.

After all, the inquisition years are fortunately already a couple of hundred years in the past!

-

Jun 14, 2008, 05:36 PM
    yep, your right, your aways right support me or go away:D
    "your right" , "aways" : what gibberish is that?

Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Cred, this is a question that an author wrote in a book that bushg is reading. What
    Part of all that are you having trouble understanding? It's not her question, she didn't
    Make it up, nor did she write the words that formed that question.

It is an interesting question, and many people gave their answers. Not you, you decided to start an argument about the wording, and the meaning, and why this, and why that, are you having some trouble understanding the question, should I break it down for you word by word, would that help?

There are no supporting comments or negative comments for this type of questions, A or B, there is no C, jeesh!

You seem to like to cause controversy, well dear, bushg is a respected member of this
    Site, so I suggest that maybe you respect her wishes and stop posting on this thread if
    All you are going to do is disparage it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making Love [ 1 Answers ]

OK one more for today.. Bragging A Frenchman and an Italian were seated next to an American on an overseas flight. After a few cocktails, the men began discussing their home lives. "Last night I made love to my wife four times," the Frenchman bragged, "And this morning she made me delicious...

When do you stop fighting for someone you love so much it hurts to breathe [ 2 Answers ]

When do you stop 'fighting' for someone you love? How do you know when to give up? I am so much in love with a gentleman, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me, he's perfect (for me). I love him so very much. And he tells me at times that he misses me and still loves me, even when...

Love making after pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

My wife recently gave birth three weeks ago. How long should I wait before we start making love. Her birth was a normal birth??

Painfull love making [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year but have been together for some time. Im a small lady and he is quite a big built man and as a result of it has quite a large penis. Sometime when we make love he really hurts me and I don't quite know what to do about it as can become really...

I love her but can't have her and its killing me [ 4 Answers ]

Hi About a month ago I broke up with my girlfriend, she took it very badly to begin with and accidentally smashed my car window in a fit of rage. It was such a scary night, she ran off into the woods and stuff and I thought she was going to kill one of us. This break followed about 2 months of...

View more questions Search