Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
    JoeT777 ,
    Yes, I would like to see that.
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Dec 14, 2008, 10:55 PM

Fred
    I was thinking about the '' Our Father '' question of yours and here's an example.
    Let's say I want to have a cup of coffee.It is impossible to have one without water, but we never say ''I want a cup of coffee with water'' because we understand that there is no other way to have one except through water.So to me it is more like understanding that we go to the Father through the Son than just saying it in our prayer,understanding that it is a one way road and it can't be otherwise.

And something else to think about...
    Why does Jesus say John 14:6 no man cometh unto the Father, but by me?
    When I say come there is a meaning of '' to me '' , instead of the word go in which there is a meaning of '' somewhere where I am not ''.
    What do you say?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Adam,
    I see where you are coming from and it is something to ponder.
    When I pray to God I either say Lord or God knowing I am speaking to the trinity.
    However, when I pray the Lord's prayer I have realized that I was talking to the Father first then the rest of the prayer to the trinity for the part that says "thy kingdom come" addresses the address of the trinity in all of creation to myway of thinking.
    Thanks much for your thots on that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holy Trinity- Islam [ 11 Answers ]

I heard muslims believe in god, but chirstians say to be saved everyone has to believe that jesus is the son of god. I think most chirstians are missing the point of the holy trinity. God, Jesus, holy spirit. The three are one. So I think heaven is open who worships god, and repenace of their sin....

List of scriptures re the trinity [ 6 Answers ]

I do not believe in the trinity but I do notice that some few scriptures like John 1:1 and John 8:58, Titus 2:13, also Justin Martyr's Dialogue with Trypho (Catholic translation) call Jesus God. Yet the overwhelming majority of scripture shows Jesus' subjection to the Father. Is it possible to...

The Trinity in the Bible [ 120 Answers ]

One person in another thread was questioning the trinity, so I am starting a new thread here to discuss that topic. Let's start with this. Who are the three persons mentioned in this passage: Isa 48:16-17 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From...

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

Is the Trinity a Christian Truth? [ 48 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, First, This is what I mean when speaking about the Trinity. What is it? It is the believe of 3 almighty, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are not separate, but one. All are all knowing and omniscient.. No above the 0ther. The Catholic...

View more questions Search