Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 23, 2009, 09:55 AM

I don't know if it will encourage you, but stop checking up on him through friends, and social network sites. That's a sure way of bringing yourself down. That has to stop.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia77 View Post
    Well today is a down day. I just received news from a mutual "friend" that they both are boasting on how in love they are with each other on their facebook wall. I didn't respond to this person that told me. I hope they get the hint,I think their trying to get information out of me on what happened between him and I. So I asked my friend to check his page to see if it was true and it is. It's so hurtful,how can he be in love so soon. It took him 6months to tell me he loved me. I need some words of encourgment right now:(
    I'm suspect of anyone who feels obligated to tell the world how in love they are,who do they need to convince,themselves?

I think because he is a cheater she feels compelled to let the world know he is a changed man and she is not some rebound girl.

It sounds rather immature to me.

Maybe she is fearful that you will try to get back with him so she has to make this huge claim to him via Facebook.

When she first contacted you she was aggressive in her saying that you all need to meet up and have a confrontation.That speaks of a person who is assertive and I suspect she is doing all the Facebook entries. Its not much of a guy thing to have a wall of love.

You can't possibly know who is doing what but the bottom line is the guessing and worrying will eat you up if you let it.Honey,don't give either one of them that power.

This is a hard time for you and you will have good days and bad.Try to stay positive and force yourself to have a good time during the holiday.
    The old expression,"fake it till you make it" really has a lot of value and it works!

Fake not caring and one day soon ,you will find that you really don't!;)
    Cecilia77 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2009, 02:43 PM

Well Talaniman your right about the networking. I have them blocked and was good about not checking on them unitll that person had to tell me what was happening fishing for info from me. But your right the networking thing sets you back.I think it makes it even harder for people these days with breakups. Artlady you have all the right things to say,thank you!But yes I need to break ties with his sisters as well. I mailed them a Christmas card earlier this week but after that I'm not going to respond or contact them for a long time. They know me and the situation enough to understand I'm sure.I'll keep you all updated. Thank you again,you all are a big help to people on here:)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia77 View Post
    Well Talaniman your right about the networking. I have them blocked and was good about not checking on them unitll that person had to tell me what was happening fishing for info from me. But your right the networking thing sets you back.I think it makes it even harder for people these days with breakups. Artlady you have all the right things to say,thank you!But yes I need to break ties with his sisters as well. I mailed them a Christmas card earlier this week but after that I'm not going to respond or contact them for a long time. They know me and the situation enough to understand I'm sure.I'll keep you all updated. Thank you again,you all are a big help to people on here:)
    Your on the road to healing.. Rock on ! :)
    Shy_emo_chick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 01:11 AM
    Sorry that you're feeling heartbroken. *hug*. You don't deserve that lowlife. One day, he'll realise what he did was way wrong. When he does, it will hit him like a bolt of lightening. He will realise his mistakes, and be devastated to not be able to have you back. The saying "Plenty more fish in the sea", is a good help, I find. While any of the other available "fish" may not be of best quality, there are men out there who have big hearts. So just remember this. If you're ever wanting to be in a relationship ever again, don't rush it, just because you've broken up with someone. You have to get to know the person first. Take life slowly, for your own sake. Don't listen to peer pressure (especially from newspapers, social networks, friends, family). Tell people to please stop bringing up your ex, if people keep talking to you about him. If that happens to me, I instantly talk about something else. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Devastating EFFECT of ACNE [ 3 Answers ]

I use maxipeel for exfoliation before but after 2 weeks , I started to have unstopable ACNE. What will I do now? I want to Remove all the acne/black spot brought by the DEVASTATING EFFECT OF MAXIPEEL. Now, I never realize why I come to this. The acne on my face lowers myself ESTEEM and it...

What did you learn about yourself after a devastating breakup? [ 52 Answers ]

All right, I thought it would be wise for someone like me, going through a break up, to ask others who have been through it before. Think of your most devastating break up experience, and tell me what you came out of it with. In other words, what about YOU changed because of this that you are truly...

What did I learn after a devastating breakup? [ 23 Answers ]

I am cheering you on right now good job.

Devastating hair loss [ 1 Answers ]

Am a 33 year old male, am suffering from loss of hair - which is balding some areas of my head. There is no trace of baldness in my ancestral line. Though, some six years back I started developing grey hair, and resorted to the use of Morgan pomade - it help in restoring my hair to is natural...

Breakup has left me in pain and suicidal [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I've seen some excellent responses from people that sound like they really care. I would just like to unload my head and listen to what people might want to say. I've been in a relationship for almost 5 years. We've had some great times and a some bad ones but we knew we love each...

View more questions Search