Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 11:15 PM

Thought: if fish lived in pepperwater... would they really sneeze (referencing my salt water fish joke)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 11:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I just read the thread about how you know you are in love.

I just have to say "gag me with a spoon!"

Sorry a little Synnical tonight.
    I feel the same way, but if you can't beat them, join them.

Sigh.

Love is not having to write out why you're in love. The end. ;)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Everyone is doing the sappy "Love is when he buys you flowers" thing. Well, I did too. But, if you want to know true love, it's when a man goes to the pharmacy and buys you tampons, and midol. That's true love. :)

first time I bought tampons for a girl...

I'm in HS... dating the girl who is now forever known and The Evil Jen... tho' really, I think my divorcée ex outdid her and then some... off topic...

so the Evil Jen needs some girl supplies and I go. Fine. I'm fine with it.

so I go to get the tampons and I'm immediately overwhelmed by the selection process. Pink? Blue? Wings? Heavy?.

so I pick and run with it. I figure being dumb and wrong and trying is better than anything else...

an aside... that, right there, is the cause of at least ten years of later frustration and angst... jus' saying...

back to scene...

so I decide, after grabbing the box, that itd be less conspicuous if I had a few other things in the cart. You know... pads, popcorn, pepsi, and peanut m&ms...

so I stroll up and lay it all out. Ready to pay and roll and what do I hear?

"price check. aisle four. kotex regular maxi's"

no f'ing way. At this point, I could just die. I mean just charge me three times the market value of a pad... I don't care.

there's three people behind me and you want to see if I can save a buck or less on my snotty gf's pads?

seriously. Some things are worth paying an extra dime for...

=P
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    first time i bought tampons for a girl...

im in HS... dating the girl who is now forever known and The Evil Jen... tho' really, i think my divorcee ex outdid her and then some... off topic...

so the Evil Jen needs some girl supplies and i go. fine. im fine with it.

so i go to get the tampons and im immediately overwhelmed by the selection process. pink? blue? wings? heavy? ...

so i pick and run with it. i figure being dumb and wrong and trying is better than anything else...

an aside... that, right there, is the cause of at least ten years of later frustration and angst... jus' saying...

back to scene...

so i decide, after grabbing the box, that itd be less conspicuous if i had a few other things in the cart. you know... pads, popcorn, pepsi, and peanut m&ms...

so i stroll up and lay it all out. ready to pay and roll and what do i hear?

no f'ing way. at this point, i could just die. i mean just charge me three times the market value of a pad.... i dont care.

there's three people behind me and you want to see if i can save a buck or less on my snotty gf's pads?

seriously. some things are worth paying an extra dime for...

=P
    THAT is hilarious!
    My dad won't even drive me or mum to the store if we plan to buy pads or tampons
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 11:47 PM

The first time R went out to buy me pads was after Jared was born. I don't normally wear pads, but because I just had a baby, tampons weren't an option.

So I send the poor man out, and I have no idea what to tell him to buy. I don't know the brand names, or sizes, or anything, because I never use them. I just gave him the simple instructions "Get the biggest, least sticky ones you can find".

The man came back with four bags of pads. Apparently, when he got to the store, he was so overwhelmed by the selection, and didn't want to ask anyone for help, so he just took one of each.

I don't think adding anything to the cart would have helped, seeing as there were around 25 boxes of pads in the cart.

Now that's love. :)
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
    At this point in my life... I no longer give a damn.

Glad to be the sorry jerk who is whipped enough to buy his girl whatever product is needed because... well... you know... planning for the INEVITABLE is just silly talk.

Like budgeting for gasoline for the car.

WHO KNOWS when I might be needed? Lets just take it day by day...

k.

Sorry. That was isome.

I know. I know. We boys put off the need to get something of immediate concern just as often.

Who knew that id need to shave today? And use deoderant? Again? Today?

Life is simple and complicated all at once.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    The man came back with four bags of pads. Apparently, when he got to the store, he was so overwhelmed by the selection, and didn't want to ask anyone for help, so he just took one of each.
    I completely get this.

Back then, I wanted to look inconspicuous.

Now.. I want to be done.

More than glad to spend an extra 30 or 40 now just to have to return most of it... and explain how "is there anything wrong with it" is answered by "nah... im just an arse with a girl and i want to get laid eventually"...
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 11:58 PM

LOL! KP, I do usually plan, and I did buy products for after Jared was born, but I had no idea what type to buy, and the ones I bought weren't adequate.

So I got home, in pain, new baby, realized that the pads I had bought wouldn't cut it. If I could have gone myself, I would have, but a lot of stitches in my girlie parts, pain killers wearing off, baby wanting to be fed, well I just wasn't up to a trip to Walmart. ;)

When I had Sydney I planned ahead. I stole the pads from the hospital. They really are the best for after giving birth.

TMI?

Are all the boys cringing yet, or do I need to be more graphic? ;)
    Pets Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 12:05 AM

Time for this chickadee to hit the hay.

I'm exhausted. I spent the entire afternoon deep cleaning my kitchen. Not just a wipe down, but taking everything out of the cabinets, washing them down, above the cabinets too, the cabinet doors got bleached, the floor got scrubbed (on my hands and knees) and now I have a headache and sore knees, so I think I'll go to sleep.

Night all. Dream about me, I know I'll dream about you, or scrubbing floors. It's a toss up. ;)
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 12:08 AM
    Irony of my life...

My son was conceived after we'd been to sams club and bought a quarter of a years worth of tampons...

Love my kid.

Now have a fear of having "too much" feminine products in the house... as if that lead to the pregnancy...

... but seriously... I don't care how much you'll save.

Ixnay on the ostcovay and amssay lubcay saving you dead presidents on the girlie products...

Life is what happens when you are planning...

Oops.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Outtie too.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jun 19, 2010, 05:16 AM

My hubby and his co-workers have some kind of juvenile game going on involving doctoring and stealing each others food supplies. Nothing dangerous - things like taking a mallet to someone's supply of crunchie bars so they get packets of crumbs. Carefully removing a choc bar and resealing the wrapper with pens inside. Stupid stuff. He came home last night miffed because someone had put tea leaves into his coffee jar so he couldn't have a decent coffee all day.

He was trying to think of his next move. I suggested tampons dipped in beetroot juice. Apparently I'm way too evil lol. :D
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    My hubby and his co-workers have some kind of juvenile game going on involving doctoring and stealing each others food supplies. Nothing dangerous - things like taking a mallet to someone's supply of crunchie bars so they get packets of crumbs. Carefully removing a choc bar and resealing the wrapper with pens inside. Stupid stuff. He came home last night miffed because someone had put tea leaves into his coffee jar so he couldn't have a decent coffee all day.

He was trying to think of his next move. I suggested tampons dipped in beetroot juice. Apparently I'm way too evil lol. :D
    Its so subtly evil, yet pure genious :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    first time i bought tampons for a girl...

im in HS... dating the girl who is now forever known and The Evil Jen... tho' really, i think my divorcee ex outdid her and then some... off topic...

so the Evil Jen needs some girl supplies and i go. fine. im fine with it.

so i go to get the tampons and im immediately overwhelmed by the selection process. pink? blue? wings? heavy? ...

so i pick and run with it. i figure being dumb and wrong and trying is better than anything else...

back to scene...

so i decide, after grabbing the box, that itd be less conspicuous if i had a few other things in the cart. you know... pads, popcorn, pepsi, and peanut m&ms...

so i stroll up and lay it all out. ready to pay and roll and what do i hear?

no f'ing way. at this point, i could just die. i mean just charge me three times the market value of a pad.... i dont care.

there's three people behind me and you want to see if i can save a buck or less on my snotty gf's pads?

seriously. some things are worth paying an extra dime for...

=P
    I can beat that! :eek:

A friend of mine is a green beret in the army. He was stationed in Iraq during Shock and Awe. His troops needed some items... specifically condoms. Well, since Iraq was a "no sex zone" and he couldn't ask his wife... and my husband's gun shop was supplying them with gear they could not get from the government, Randy asked my hubby to get him some condoms...

You see, at that time the military could not buy condoms in gross in Iraq. Why in gross you ask?

Condoms come in handy to cover the barrel of a gun during a sand storm.

Well, my darling husband asks me to go to the pharmacy to buy as many unlubricated condoms as the store has in stock.

I have the company credit card.

I arrive at the check out...

Now mind you I am from a very small town and come from a VERY influential family. The pharmacist is my in-law's next door neighbor.

So, there's no one in line at the check out but little 'ole me. I plop the basket full of condoms on the counter. Lo and behold the lady at the check out was one of the nosy busybodies of our church and she looked at me with astonishment.

I just grinned and blushed.

She swiped the credit card...

It did not read.

Three people now in line behind me.

She swipes the card again and it still doesn't read.

Now, our Mayor (he's also our veterinarian) is in line and recognizes me. He comes up to me, shakes my hand and asks how my in-laws are doing. I'm trying to position myself between him and my "merchandise" when he sees what I have on the counter. His eyes get wide. Then he asks...

What have you got there Janine?

My reply? "Ummm, just some condoms for a friend." It was then I realized how that sounded. He looked at me with wide eyes.

I tried to explain that condoms are important to put on the barrel of a gun. :eek:

I still have not lived that day down and the troop we sent them too had a great laugh and many of them came to shake my hand when they came home. They awarded me with Iraqi money with Sadam's picture on it as well as a medal for going above and beyond my duties as a civilian.

TRUE STORY!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by j_9 View Post
    i can beat that! :eek:

A friend of mine is a green beret in the army. He was stationed in iraq during shock and awe. His troops needed some items....specifically condoms. Well, since iraq was a "no sex zone" and he couldn't ask his wife....and my husband's gun shop was supplying them with gear they could not get from the government, randy asked my hubby to get him some condoms....

You see, at that time the military could not buy condoms in gross in iraq. Why in gross you ask?

Condoms come in handy to cover the barrel of a gun during a sand storm.

Well, my darling husband asks me to go to the pharmacy to buy as many unlubricated condoms as the store has in stock.

I have the company credit card.

I arrive at the check out...

Now mind you i am from a very small town and come from a very influential family. The pharmacist is my in-law's next door neighbor.

So, there's no one in line at the check out but little 'ole me. I plop the basket full of condoms on the counter. Lo and behold the lady at the check out was one of the nosy busybodies of our church and she looked at me with astonishment.

I just grinned and blushed.

She swiped the credit card....

It did not read.

Three people now in line behind me.

She swipes the card again and it still doesn't read.

Now, our mayor (he's also our veterinarian) is in line and recognizes me. He comes up to me, shakes my hand and asks how my in-laws are doing. I'm trying to position myself between him and my "merchandise" when he sees what i have on the counter. His eyes get wide. Then he asks....

What have you got there janine?

My reply? "ummm, just some condoms for a friend." it was then i realized how that sounded. He looked at me with wide eyes.

I tried to explain that condoms are important to put on the barrel of a gun. :eek:

I still have not lived that day down and the troop we sent them too had a great laugh and many of them came to shake my hand when they came home. They awarded me with iraqi money with sadam's picture on it as well as a medal for going above and beyond my duties as a civilian.

True story!
    :d:d:d
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 09:50 AM

You are so bad, but beetroot juice won't work. Red jello would work better. That is my evil best :D

Tick
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Why don't they put all traffic lights on sensors so that you aren't sitting at a red light for 10 minutes at 3:00 a.m. when no one is coming from any direction?
    Here here... I live in a small town of about 5000 and yes that's what they do. It is so bloody irritating coming home at 0500 from a client and I am sitting at a light five minutes from my home (when I have had all green lights all the way) and there is no alternative. It would be just my luck to get caught if I ran it.

Tick
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 01:09 PM

J... showed my sister your story about the condoms... She's still laughing.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jun 19, 2010, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You are so bad, but beetroot juice wont work. Red jello would work better. That is my evil best :D

tick
    I think you may be even more evil than me. You've obviously thought that through lol.

J - Loving the condom story too. :D
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
    I think you may be even more evil than me. You've obviously thought that through lol.

J - Loving the condom story too. :D
    ***rubbing hands and cackling with glee**** you should see my pic you would understand completely how evil I am... mmmmwawawawahhhhhhhaaaa... :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Random [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I've just finished year 12 in australia (a couple of days ago actually) And I've always wondered about american high school... I hear on TV and what not about "softmore's" and "freshmans" What do these terms mean? And are there any more?

Random thoughts [ 46 Answers ]

Hello: Something happened. I don't know what. I'm a libertarian. I'm a capitalist. I'm a small businessman. I'm old. I'm a believer in the business model. Did I say I'm old? I remember when big business served the needs of its customers. The Wolverine would say would say they still...

Random 10? [ 3 Answers ]

A building hoist lifts ten 50 kg bags of cement through a vertical distance of 30 m to the top of a high rise building. Calculate the work done by the hoist, assuming the acceleration due to gravity to be 9.81 m/s2. Work done = Force x Distance moved (J) but Force = Mass x Acceleration (N) ...

View more questions Search