Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jul 6, 2007, 02:54 PM
    I think this is my closure email
    Well, I think I dug in today and got a little closure. I don't see this going anywhere so I thought I would share with you guys:

My email:
    Hey dork, what do you think I could do to be a better boyfriend in my next relationship? I figured you'd have as good an opinion as anyone. Just don't mention the dipping, I already know its gross lol. I'm trying to be the best I can be, I have thick skin so you don't have to worry about offending me. Have an excellent weekend. - tom

Her Response:

Tommy,

I have to tell you, that you weren't a bad boyfriend. I feel that, there is no need for you to change or visa versa, I think that you (and by you I mean a person in general) need to find that person that they are comtatible with. You know as well as I do, that we had some great times, but in the end, I don't believe that we were meant for each other. Don't try to change who you are or what you do, because you think it will make you a better boyfriend. It is always the little things in a relationship that count, and when you find that person that you are meant to be with, you will naturally become a better person, just from being around them and wanting do do nice things for them and think of them first. That is my answer, I really don't have any suggestions except for the obvious, dipping and the heavy drinking and drunk dialing. These things are never good for a healthy relationship. Are you asking me this, because you have a good prospect? If you do, I wish you all the best. You know that you will always have a place in my heart.

My final reply:

Thanks, I'm confident that I have been able to move on from the whole thing. I've been feeling a lot better about things these last few weeks. I was really surprised that I was hung up on you for so long. Not in a bad way. The reason I asked you was because I want to be able to learn from the relationship so when I do find the right one I will be as well-balanced as possible. I know, for the most part, I was a great boyfriend, as were you too. There is someone I've taken an interest in, which has made me remember all my good qualities, but I'm definitely taking things slow. I don't really want to go into details because I don't think I would have any interest to hear who you were dating. I would rather just assume you were happy and not worry about it. I have to be honest, it killed me watching you get in the car with Zac that day at the mall and I guess that was the turning point for me. Even though I know you guys are just friends. I realized that day, that as long as I didn't have to see you I would be fine. I'm sure at some point I'd be fine with that too. Of course I think your great, and if you ever need a reminder of how beautiful you are, don't hesitate to call. Man this is long. Got to run, got a busy weekend! Take care, Tom

Well boys, I feel good about this, and somehow I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm going to meet the new girls parents and spend the weekend two hours away and I feel really good about it. This email left me with nothing but confirmation that it is really over. I won't be monitoring for her response. Just wanted to share with those of you who might be interested.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I'm happy for you copperhead that you have got some closure here. I wish you all the best for the future. Take it easy!

I guess you will be around here from time to time and should be because you give some good advice and responses to a lot of threads as I recall.

Jul 6, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Thanks, yea I like to come in when I think back on how bad of shape I was in at one point and try to help people that are going through that, because we all know it can be a total pain. You give great advice too Geoff.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 08:45 PM
    If my ex had given me such a mature and detailed response and well said, I think I'd have fallen even ore in love. I think I mostly miss the comfortness and the great sex being that I thought she was beautiful... Will I ever find that wildness again with another Copper?

Jul 8, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Yea, it was well written, but falling more in love just wouldn't make sense, better to use it as a way to feel good about closure. Emo, if wildness is all you are looking for you can find that literally all over town my friend!
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Im into being wild but with one person that I care about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closure? Should I do something? Just move on? [ 11 Answers ]

Any answer is good one but please provide some sort of response. I am feeling really lost on this. I am not sure what ever you have to say will get me one step closer to figuring this out. About 4+ years ago I saw this girl that lived across my road. During Most my time I tried to find several...

Closure.is it over or not? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I recently found out that my partner cheated on me with his X of 5 years (they broke up about a year ago). We have been together for almost a year and WHAM the X is in the picture. We never fought at all. I feel devastated and betrayed, but at the same time I felt sorry for him knowing that...

Closure letter [ 7 Answers ]

I was thinking today about the first half of the relationship was very good and how much fun we had... I also remember during that point, she was the one getting me cards and writing me emails and things of that nature. I hardly wrote or gave her anything, and in that sense I think I messed up...

Closure, finally [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, all After over a months since her last "Let's see" followed by nothing of a contact from her, I finally decided to make my move. I packed her stuff, and it was sent to her last Sunday. I dropped her a letter today, basically saying I love her but I can't linger on like this, that she can't...

Closure? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi everyone, After being here for a while and reading and offering advice mainly on relationships I often hear the word closure used. I know in essence what it means, but what I want to know is what does it really mean, and does one ever really achieve it? For example when someone comes...

View more questions Search