Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JesseWright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 09:05 PM
    Dizzy, light headed, diarrhea, shortness of breath and fatigue
    I am a 38 year old male, my primary doctor has me on MS Contin ER 30 mgs, three times a day and Morphine IR 15 mgs, prn for disc damage, herniations in my neck and upper back. He has me on venlafaxine 125 mgs, 1 time a day for mood and nerve pain and Metoprolol 25 mgs for high blood pressure and irregular heart beat. I saw my doctor for a full body rash that often cause large welts and blisters, he treated me with a topical cream used to treat scabbies, didn't help! Now over the last week and a half, I have quit taking my pain medications, as it seemed to reduce the itching and flare ups, but no relief for my constant daily cronic pain. I've also been experiencing dizziness, light headedness, diarrhea, shortness of breath and fatigue. I assumed that I was experiencing these symptoms from no longer taking my pain meds, however, I've not experienced any "withdrawl" symptoms either. It's very important that I find a resolution to these issues, as I am the sole provider for my home and family. I just don't have time to be "sick," as I also maintain a full time position as a Maintenance Supervisor with responsibilities that are more demanding than most other multi-housing complexes. Any advice, information or guidance will be and is gratefully appreciated. I can be contacted at <removed for privacy>.
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2013, 08:24 PM
    Have you thought to visit a different doctor for a second opinion if some of the medications your other doctor are giving you do not seem to be working? Also have you explained these problems to your doctor?
    Which pain meds have you discontinued.. all of the medication you had listed? (morphine, venlafaxine, and metoprolol)
    I can give you some side effects from these drugs:
    Morphine: dizziness, respiratory depression, hypotension, nausea, vomiting, itching, sweating
    Venlafaxine: anxiety, dizziness, headache, worsening depression, weakness, drowsiness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, hypertension, itching
    Metoprolol: fatigue, weakness, anxiety, depression, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, bronchospasm, rashes, back and joint pain, erectile disfunction
    Referenced from nursing central, Davis's Drug Guide

You could be experiencing these adverse effects..
    I would as well assume you are not getting any pain relief as you indicated you have discontinued taking your pain medication..
    Also do you check your Blood pressure and pulse frequently?
    I would strongly suggest you visit your health care provider.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest tightness, shortness of breath, fatigue [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 49 year old male who has been going through very stressful situations physically. I've been noticing a shortness of breath and occasional chest discomfort {mild in nature} and a "strangulation" feeling in my throat at the adams apple region. I've also been getting frequent headaches which...

Chronic phlegm, shortness of breath, cough, light headedness... what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. For about 3 months Ive had phlegm production that is yellow on color. I had a cough for a few weeks, which has gone away now. I get nauseous after eating, with the feeling of pressure on my stomach. I get very light headed if I hold my breath for a few seconds, and I feel all the blood rushing...

I cant keep food down and I get light headed and dizzy when I eat. [ 10 Answers ]

Lately every time I try and eat as soon as I take a bite my stomach hurts and I get dizzy and shaky. I usually weigh around 120 but since this has been going on I've been steadily losing weight.

Out of breath, light headed, very very weak [ 2 Answers ]

I feel like I cannot get enough oxygen. I am out of breath when doing even minor activity, but I feel out of breath even when just sitting idle and breathing normally. I also feel light headed and very weak. I also have acid reflux and a headache which hurts my eyes and sinus region. I don't...

Dizzy-Light Headed [ 7 Answers ]

I have experienced being light headed but lately, since the middle of July, I have been experiencing it almost everyday. It has gotten worse. It went from light headed to vertigo. I don't know what it is or why this happens to me. Is there soemthign that causes dizzyness? Being indoors?...

View more questions Search