Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blayne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 09:42 AM
    I cant keep food down and I get light headed and dizzy when I eat.
    Lately every time I try and eat as soon as I take a bite my stomach hurts and I get dizzy and shaky. I usually weigh around 120 but since this has been going on I've been steadily losing weight.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Sounds like an eating disorder. Had you previously, or at any time been binge eating and then forcing your stomach to regurgitate?

Mar 9, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Sounds like an eating disorder. Had you previously, or at any time been binge eating and then forcing your stomach to regurgitate?
    Not sure why it posted the answer to a different question >post was removed< but the answer to yours, I had a problem about a year ago where my ex left me with her 3yr old and no money. I gave him all the food and lived off peanut butter for a few weeks. But that was a little over a year ago. As far as an easting disorder, I usually have a pretty healthy appetite, and I get dizzy when I do eat, not when I don't does that make a difference?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 10:26 AM
    It sounds like if anybody has a right to a stomach problem, it's you. Left you with HER child and no money? Yikes.

Anyway, does everything make you dizzy, sick to your stomach, certain foods? Are you in good health (as far as you know)?

Mar 9, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It sounds like if anybody has a right to a stomach problem, it's you. Left you with HER child and no money? Yikes.

Anyway, does everything make you dizzy, sick to your stomach, certain foods? Are you in good health (as far as you know)?
    Pretty much, as far as in good health, I'm not sure. Im active and all but I'm still a 23 yr old. I don't do any drugs or drink often. I'm just getting worried because its gradually getting worse
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Well, the easy answer is to consult with a Physician but not everyone has health insurance.

What would I do? I'd start with bland foods, maybe bananas and rice and milk, perhaps a little cereal. If you have no food allergies or sensitivies, that's pretty neutral food. Then I'd gradually add other foods.

I was vegan for a number of years and when I gradually went back to eating meat (and I had health issues as a vegan) I very often had very bad indigestion, was light headed, various problems. Maybe you just have to let your stomach get accustomed to a light diet and then go from there - ?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 11:19 AM
    I'm not sure if this would help you, but due to ulcers and other problems with my stomach I started drinking
    Ginger tea every morning, it has a certain calming effect and seems to settle things down somewhat if I happen to have a little flare-up. Also as Judy mentioned the bland foods are a big help, yogurt, rice, mashed potatoes, puddings and Jell-O and the like. I also at one point when I could eat very little, started to have a commercial nutrition shake once daily, they are high in vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately depending on where you purchase them they can be a little pricey, but worth it.
    Stress can wreak havoc on the body, don't let yourself go on like this for too long, it just isn't healthy.
    Best wishes and take care
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Baby foods are just as bland as you can get and readily available. Yes I agree with Sam about the ginger.

Good point, Sam :)
    Cats Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 05:00 AM
    Hi Blayne,
    Just an attempt to touch base with you and see how things are going for you.
    Well I hope,
    Again, take care
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2012, 05:52 AM
    And to touch base with LadySam - I tried your ginger tea recommendation (and I absolutely hate tea) and not only LIKED it... it settled my stomach!

Good suggestion.
    Cats Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And to touch base with LadySam - I tried your ginger tea recommendation (and I absolutely hate tea) and not only LIKED it ... it settled my stomach!

Good suggestion.
    Yep, it's good stuff, also has anti-inflammatory properties. Some days without it I would be down for the count.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog will not eat his food unless I add a hard cooked egg to eat is that Ok [ 7 Answers ]

My dog will not eat his dog food (Beneiful healthy weight) He is approx 18 lbs I have tried everything Now I finally got a flat plate put his dog food and other little flavors added olive oil a touch he nibbles but when I add a hard cooked egg he eat it all. Is it healthy for a dog to have a...

Getting dizzy and light headed after eating at 27 weeks pregnant [ 0 Answers ]

I am 27 weeks pregnant. I have been getting very dizzy and light head after I eat meals. I feel like my knees are going to give out and that I am going to fall or faint. Can anyone help I am lost I know you get dizzy and light headed some times in pregnancy but its just weird to me that its after I...

My dog will not eat his but he will eat other dogs food [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 week yorkie he will not eat his food but if I dump it on the floor he will but he does not eat all of it and it is hard to picup because it sticks to the floor but when I take him to my moms he eats all of her dogs food what should I do

My bulldog will not eat his food but will eat if its tablefood ! Why? [ 4 Answers ]

He won't even eat if we add tablescraps he picks them out he wouldn't eat when we tried peanut butter because he couldn't get it off the dog food !

Dizzy-Light Headed [ 7 Answers ]

I have experienced being light headed but lately, since the middle of July, I have been experiencing it almost everyday. It has gotten worse. It went from light headed to vertigo. I don't know what it is or why this happens to me. Is there soemthign that causes dizzyness? Being indoors?...

View more questions Search