Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guscusi Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 05:33 PM
    Gift from foreign person
    I am about to receive a wire transfer from Argentina of around 500,000, which is a gift from my father, funds which I will later invest. I believe I must simply file F3520 with the IRS, since my father is not a US citizen or resident and this is a gift. Am I missing something?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 09:53 PM
    You have it right.
    guscusi Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    You have it right.
    Thanks!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign gift tax law [ 3 Answers ]

If the foreign donor gives 50K twice in separate tax years, then the donee doesn't have to report to IRS, right?

Foreign gift tax ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My mom is a U.S. legal resident and she has a bank account oversea. If she transfers some of her money into my bank account oversea. Does she owe gift tax on that transaction ? Thank you

A gift tax return filing requirement by a foreign person [ 4 Answers ]

I am a U.S. citizen. My brother in korea wants to give a property in the U.S. to me as a gift. In this case is he required to file a gift tax return and pay gift tax? Is he also entitled for the gift tax credit even if he is a foreign person?

Foreign Gift: Report or Not? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, If I (resident alien for tax purposes) receive a gift of around USD30K from my father (neither a U.S citizen nor a non resident alien) as a wire transfer from his foreign currency account overseas to my US bank account do I need to report it in Form 3250? Also what is the implication on the...

Foreign Gift tax [ 1 Answers ]

I received 200K foreign gift. How can I transfer back to US? Is there any tax implication? What forms I need to file? Thanks

View more questions Search