Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hryser Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Operating the ceiling fan via the remote and via a wall mount controller
    Hello Forum members
    I purchased and installed five new Hampton Bay ceiling fans in my house. They all came with a remote control with the receiver in the base of the ceiling fans. I made sure that I set five different codes for each fan and remote pair.
    I also purchased five wall mount (for single plex electrical box mount) remote controls model 9050H, also from Hampton Bay. My idea behind this was that I can turn on the light (within the fan) right at the door or even start the fan motor while the remote control is laying on the night stands in order to turn off the light and/or the fan.
    I made sure that I selected the same code with the four dip-switches on the wall controllers as I previously selected on the remote controls and the receivers in the ceiling fans. And all the wall controller came also with a battery which I inserted.
    I was convinced that all would work fine, but the wall controllers don't do a thing other than lighting that little LED on the controller itself whenever I push a button.
    These Hamton Bay wall controllers I purchased came actually together with a receiver. However this receiver looks exactly the same as the receiver that came with the ceiling fans.
    Do you think that I have to use the receiver that came with the wall controllers, but then, would the remote controls that came with the fans still work? I am lost and Home Depot can't help nor could they give me a phone number I could call to get an answer to my question.
    Can you help me?

Many thanks in advance!
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Oct 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
    877-527-0313 I believe that is Hampton Bay customer service. They should be able to tell you if you can pair the two together.

Oct 20, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Hello Mike. Many thanks for your answer. I will try that number and let you all know how far I got.
    searching19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Were you able to make it work Mike? We are looking at the same problem. We really like the fan and could care less about the remote but they don't have the fan without the remote. The fan will be our only light source in the room so we don't want to be looking all over for the remote just to turn on the lights. Did it work eventually with the remote control model 9050H as a wall switch?

Nov 2, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Hello Mike
    I contacted the Home Depot / Hampton Bay service tesk, but they couldn't help either. They didn't know if this combination should work. Very unfortunate. However, what they did say is that the Hampton Bay fan are manufactured by various companies, that there isn't a "Hampton Bay" company. So, I will try my other Hampton Bay fan to see if I get that to work. Again, I am interested in using the remote control that came with the ceiling fan and a Hampton Bay wall controller where I will use the same four dip-switch code that I programmed in the remote control and receiver in the fan.
    Stay tuned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I mount a "wall mount only" light fixture on the ceiling? [ 6 Answers ]

I have several light fixtures, 8 feet by 2.5 inches, brass cover for the base, candelabra base, 8 bulbs. I want to install them on the ceiling in my foyer (where I have a carousel collection). Printed on the metal base it says wall mount only. What do I have to do to safely mount them on the...

Wall mount universal remote [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to set the frequency on a Wall Mount Universal Remote (Hampton Bay model 191 707)? We've installed 3 in different rooms, for different fans. Now when we turn one fan or light on - the others turn on also - quite a problem! Thanks

Install Wall controller for ceiling fan with light originally that came with remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with light. My remote control recently blew up and I'm wondering whether I can install a wall controller instead? The current wall switch is a standard one with 3 wires - I'm assuming Earth, Hot, and Neutral. The wires coming out of the ceiling also has the same 3 wires.

Hampton Bay 191-707 Wall mount wireless remote [ 3 Answers ]

Purchased and installed Hampton Bay Fan and light kit along with wall mount wireless remote 191-707: When it got dark out I noticed that when the lights are off there is still a slight glow, flickering coming from the fluorescent light bulbs that were provided with the light kit. This was...

Using Hampton Bay Wall Mount Universal Remote Control for multiple fans [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to install 3 Hampton Bay outdoor ceiling fans/lights on our patio. We have used the Universal Wall Mount Remote for other fans inside the house and would like to use the same remote for the 3 fans outside. Does this Wall mount remote #191-707 control 3 fans/lights? The package...

View more questions Search