Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynnfodor2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Hampton Bay 191-707 Wall mount wireless remote
    Purchased and installed Hampton Bay Fan and light kit along with wall mount wireless remote 191-707:

When it got dark out I noticed that when the lights are off there is still a slight glow, flickering coming from the fluorescent light bulbs that were provided with the light kit. This was happening in both rooms where I install this device. I put a volt meter up to the light socket and there was still 20 volts passing through. With the light on there was 121 vots. When I turn off the light using the pull chain the voltage stops! My assumption is the "wireless" is still sending a signal. Should I replace the wall mount wireless remote 191-707? Or try something else?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 06:43 PM

Press and hold the light button on the remote, hold for about 6 seconds. Anything change?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:24 PM

You are not supposed to use fluorescent bulbs with a remote control unless both the bulbs and remote came with the fan.
    ebayus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 04:32 PM
    I have the same issue.. you can use fluorescent bulbs - BUT you must have ONE regular incadecent bulb in!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Wireless Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and broke the remote control, is there anybody out there who knows where I can purchase another one? Also, if there is someone out there who is familiar with the unit, perhaps you can tell me how to switch off the fan without using the remote. The wall switch...

Is there a specific remote for a Hampton Bay flush mount fan [ 1 Answers ]

Purchased a hampton bay flush mount fan. In the box was a leaflet for remotes sold separately. I went back and purchased the remote pictured assuming if it was in the box with my fan that it would be compatible. After installing ( which was difficult because I did not have much room for the...

Hampton Bay wireless remote with Hunter Fan [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless remote that says works on hunter fans. . Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan....

Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the...

Hampton bay fan wireless remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with a wireless remote control. I'm not sure of the model# of the fan, but the remote has a model # on the back of it that is: UC7030T. Every button on the remote works except for the light dimmer button. It doesn't even illuminate the red led indicator...

View more questions Search