Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Aug 17, 2012, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alex the great View Post
    Yeah that sounds right, about $100 but what im thinking more about is that the electicien was maybe lazy or trying to cut corners cause the #8 wire was ALREADY there! I had an old spa replaced with a NEW ONE that's why I called him, and he said we can just use the 8you already have and save money! that way we wont need to do the hole wireing again, know what I mean? but i regret it now...the manuel says use 6 wire, im upset and paranoid, what if i get inspected?
    It will pass inspection. Electrically it's safe and sound. Just 'lose' the manual the day of the inspection.

Aug 17, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 165278 View Post
    It will pass inspection. Electrically it's safe and sound. Just 'lose' the manual the day of the inspection.
    What did he charge you, and what did he do?
    alex the great Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Charged me $200, he just pluged the wire to hottub and installed bpx on the outside of the box :)

Btw Mike thanks so much for your time and help!!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2012, 03:33 AM
    Alex, before you and the installing electrician gets a pass, we need to know EXACTLY, what type of cable or raceway the #8 is.

IF, you have #8 Romex cable, the max protection is to be 40 Amp.

Aug 18, 2012, 02:27 PM
    100% agree. I read he installed a box on the house, assumed it was outside an piped in PVC. I got to stop assuming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounded outlets in a 1930's house? [ 1 Answers ]

I rent in a 1930's house. I was wondering if the outlets ( a mix of 2 prong and 3 prongs all over the house) were grounded through the use of the BX grounding the outlet-boxes themselves. Tested the 3 prong outlets with an outlet-tester, got 2 different results on 2 separate outlets: one...

Would buried outlets affect other nearby outlets ? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a house that had two buried electrical outlets. These outlets were capped with wire nuts and heavily wrapped with electrical tape. After moving in we realized that there other outlets that share that same wall that were not working.. Would these buried outlets cause a...

I am grounded [ 7 Answers ]

I had a different thing written. But I don't want it anymore. Is there any way I could delete this question? I don't see anything.

Outlets(receptacles) not grounded... what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I embarked on a project to replace all the 15amp duplex wall receptacles in my living room yesterday because I wanted white outlets instead of the black ones that were installed. So I turned off the power and started to swap them out. They are 15amp duplex, 125-volt u-grounded receptacles. Much to...

View more questions Search